Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Alise wigged out at my mom and dad's this evening. She and Brooklyn (my niece) were playing a little too rough, so I suggested that they work a puzzle. They each pulled out a 24-piece Disney Princess puzzle, but pretty soon they were both fighting over a piece. Before this, I had worn Alise twice that if she didn't start playing right, we were going to go home. The next thing I know, she gets mad and throws a puzzle piece across the room. That was it! I grabbed her up and out the door we went! But not before she pulled a MAJOR meltdown...kicking and screaming, throwing her head back...hollering, "I be good, Mommie. I be good!!" It was too late. I had had it!! She screamed and bucked in her car seat all the way home. When I got home, I couldn't grab my wooden spoon fast enough! I gave her two licks and she spazzed out again. Wayne had been in the shower, so he comes running out of the bathroom wanting to know what was going on. So, that was the drama at our house tonight.



I had told myself that I wasn't going to let Alise have her birthday party at school because of the way she acted. But, then, I decided that I did not make 25 cupcakes last night for nothing. After Alise had calmed down, eaten supper and had her bath, I decided to let her help me decorate the cupcakes. She really enjoyed it. I said, "Now, Alise, see what kind of fun you can have when you're not so ugly?" She said, "Yes, Mommie." Here are some pics of our decorating:
This picture was actually taken last night when I made the strawberry cupcakes. Here's Baby Girl licking the beaters.


So sweet, but man, was she something else earlier tonight!! My mom even called later to check on her. Mom asked if Alise got a spanking and I said, "Oh, yes!" Mom said that she had never seen her act that way before. I told her that she had really missed out!! I later asked Alise if she had taken a nap today and she told me no. I don't know if she's telling me the truth, but it could explain why she acted to ugly. She asked if we could go back to Nana's tomorrow and I told her I would think about it.

I'll post pics tomorrow from her party at school. It'll just be a small, simple party with her class. I picked up Strawberry Shortcake plates and napkins at the request of Baby Girl while I was in Shreveport last week. She asked me tonight when I was putting her to bed if I would get some party hats. I might swing by the party supply store tomorrow on my lunch break to see if I can find any.
Alise is still talking about her birthday party. I asked her tonight while we were rocking what kind of party she had last year and she told me she wanted a Pink Poodle Party again. Ugh! That's not what I expected (I know she'll probably change her mind before then). I asked her again if she liked her PPP and she said, "Yes, Mommie, it was SO much fun!!"
Remind me tomorrow to tell you about the packet we got in the mail from Jesus Good Shepherd.


No comments:

Post a Comment