Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thursday, May 22, 2008


More saddness. I found out at lunch today that one of Steven Curtis Chapman's adopted daughters was killed. It's too sad to write about. You can check out the story here. Another site said that she had just celebrated her birthday a few days ago and the family was celebrating Steven's oldest daughter's engagement and another son's graduation that night. Please remember this family in your prayers.

The Horton's are exhausted. My being out of town for two days really did everyone in. I don't remember my head hitting the pillow last night! Wayne said he still hasn't gotten a good night's sleep. We're going to try and go to bed early tonight and tomorrow night because we've got to be at the church by 8:00 Saturday morning to begin decorating for the party. I put Alise's gifts from us in gift bags tonight and got all the paper goods together in one bag to carry. All I need to do now is get the cake, run to the grocery store, and wash up a few platters and bowls. Oh! And I need to go to Leigh's and pick up a table she is letting us borrow. I tried to call Mr. "Jumping Jacks" today, but all I got was his voice mail. I need to go by the church and pick up the key. I still haven't heard from any of Alise's friends. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I did notice that Olivia's invitation is still in her locker at school. I asked Alise if Olivia had been at school and she told me, "No." I don't know what's up with that.

I talked to Ms. Gloria this afternoon about Alise's behavior today. Gloria said she was really good. She told me that she asked Alise who talked to her last night (she said she could tell someone had talked to her about being so ugly) and Alise told her that her daddy did. Apparently, she left out the part about getting a spanking because Gloria said she didn't know anything about that. I think Ms. Gloria told Alise to sit down yesterday and Alise told her no. Ms. Marilyn was telling me this morning that Alise did not feel good on Monday and that she didn't behave very well yesterday. I think she was just acting out on Monday because I was out of town and Lord only knows what her problem was yesterday! I told her this morning, that if she was good, we would do the "fun thing" (her choice) that we were suppose to do yesterday. So, we went to Bayou and payed the tuition for summer gymnastics! The good thing about this is that Alise will move up from "Diaper Daredevils" to "Tumble Bears" and I can't go with her anymore. She's on her own! Wayne wanted to keep her in it over the summer and I caved. It's only 5 weeks. From there, we went to the mall. I got her an M&M cookie and icee. She rode the train and we went to Claire's (her favorite store). She wanted me to buy even more lipstick and I told her no, to wait and see if she got any money for her birthday and if so, I would take her back and she could spend her money. She liked that idea. So did I! I'm tired of buying lipstick! We went in The Children's Place and they are having a really good sale right now! I got Alise two bathing suits for $8 and they had t-shirts with glitter for $5! We went in Gymboree and they're having a good sale right now, too, but they didn't have anything in Alise's size. Everything was picked over. The next line comes out in June.

P.S. Thanks alot, Doug, for letting Wayne buy that stinkin' bar-b-que in Alabama!! I got up this morning and thought I was going to be sick! He took a sandwich to work and it stunk up the whole house!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I just blogged about the Chapman's myself. Very emotional right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that story on the Chapman's broke my heart. My husband put the story on his blog. Our prayers are with them.

    ReplyDelete