Friday, May 02, 2008

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bye, bye, Perrilloux! That's all I'm going to say. If I don't stop here, it will come back to haunt me. Bill told Wayne this morning at church that all the LSU fans want to buy a local liquor store outside of town so Perrilloux can rob it every now and then and feel good about himself.

Leigh and I went to see "Maid of Honor" on Friday night. It was a cute movie, but predictable. We both agreed that Mr. Dempsey needed to loose that big curl on top of his head that he was sporting in the movie. That really bothered us. We thought he would have been so much cuter without the big whopping curl! I told Leigh that I had a hard time watching him because I keep picturing him as the geeky guy in "Can't Buy Me Love." Talk about come-backs!! Amie asked me if this movie was a remake of "My Boyfriend's Wedding." It's been so long since I've seen that movie that I don't remember, but just going on the title, I would say, "yes." There are reasons the movie is rated PG-13. Let me know what you think.

Stormy weather hit us around 11:30 Friday night and woke up Baby Girl, so she ended up sleeping with us in our bed that night. Because we got such a nice rain, it was too wet to take Alise to the park like I promised on Saturday morning. She seemed to be okay with it. When I suggested going to the library, she was all about that, but then, it was closed! Ugh!! I could not make her understand that the library was not opened and would not open all day. She kept saying, "We can go back later." Finally, I promised her that we would stop by again on our way home Tuesday afternoon.

After the storm, the weather was so nice here for the rest of the weekend. The high was in the 70's so we spent the entire weekend outside playing and chasing the neighborhood cat - Alise's new friend. We kept the windows and doors of the house opened to let the house air (my favorite thing about the spring). I love to be able to open the kitchen door while Alise plays either under the carport or in the front yard (I can see her from my kitchen window while she swings). Wayne continued working on the house next door and was able to put two coats of fresh paint on the new work. Now, we're ready for the carpenter to come back and finish the window and door casings as well as the molding at the top and bottoms of the walls. Here are some pics from his hard work.

Notice the big empty space beside the door here. There use to be a window here (from the original house plan - before the back addition). Wayne had that filled in.

Don't ask me what the big white circle is right here. Must've been something on my camera lense. Anyway, this is the extra room (addition) that we totally redid. Took out all the windows and made this into the laundry/utility room. It's HUGE!!

This is the other additional room that use to be all brick walls. It can be a 3rd bedroom, only it doesn't have a closet. It is huge, too!! This pic is taken from the corner of the room looking back toward the door that leads to the laundry area (from the first photo above). Over look the white dots again. And here is a picture of Baby Girl on her Daddy's motorcycle. She was playing on it while Wayne and I were inside the house.

Alise did not stay in her Sunday School class this morning. I thought it was going to be a piece of cake because the workers had a tent set up in one of the corners of the room and she disappeared inside of it, so Wayne and I snuck out of the room. We didn't even make it to the nursery before we heard her screaming and hollering, "Moma! Moma!" I was so upset with her that I just told her teacher we would take her in church with us. Thank goodness our church has a balcony!! We sat on the very back row of the balcony so that she wouldn't bother anyone behind us. She did fairly well; she had a hard time whispering. And, as luck would have it, the pen I was letting her use ran out of ink. I guess that's better than the alternative. I was worried that the blue ink pen would began leaking all over the new Strausburg dress she had on!! She must have realized that BIG church was a very boring place to be because afterwards, she went on to her Sunday School room. That was after I fell down the stairs walking to the first floor of the church! Our dear friend, Kurt Keene ended up picking Alise up for me and carrying her the rest of the way down the stairs. Wayne was no where to be found.

Here is a picture of Alise after church in her nice blue dress swinging. Notice her new pearl necklace. We bought that yesterday at "Spoiled Rotten" when we went to buy new white sandals for church and this coming weekend.

Around 5 o'clock today, Wayne and I were sitting outside under the shade tree and I got the urge to go to myself. I needed to get some things for the house as well as try to get some things for our trip this weekend. I had no idea I had been gone for two hours! (I called home while I was in the check out line and asked Wayne what time it was because I forgot to wear my watch). He said he and Baby Girl were playing the Wii. It was after 7 o'clock and he hadn't even fed her! Ugh!! Later, while Alise was in the bathtub, I witnessed the most hilarious thing I have ever seen in my life!!! Wayne was "boxing" on the Wii!! I died laughing!! I laughed so hard that I clutched my stomach because it was killing me!

This is not a very good picture of him playing the Wii. I used my smaller digital camera and there is a time delay so I didn't get to get a picture of my Man in action and his "kong-fu-fighting." Oh, my goodness! I'm dying again just thinking about it!!

For all the Horton family who read our blog, please stop by Mirya's blog for even more hilarious pictures of Wayne and his cousin Doug. I've had so much fun looking at them! Doug is too sweet to let Mirya post those out there for the whole world to see!

We are headed to Cullman, Alabama, for Doug's 40th birthday party on Thursday afternoon. We plan to leave Monroe by 4:00 and spend the night in Tuscaloosa. We'll take pictures at 9:00 at Portrait Innovations and then head on to Cullman for the weekend. We'll leave early Sunday morning to come home.

Oh, and one more thing before I end. I stayed up late last night reading Angie Smith's blog. I cried so much that I had a swollen tear duct this morning! I tried my best to desguise it with makeup, but my eyes were so swollen, that I could barely get my "cat eyes" on. Anyway, if you get a chance, please read her blog. Her story is amazing!! If you don't have time to read the whole thing, I recommend at least reading the month of April 2008.

And one more thing. I spoke to Cyndi late last night regarding Alise's birthday cake. I explained to her exactly what I had in mind (She thought I was wanting more of a 3-D birthday cake). She is going to do some research to see if she can find a poodle pan (I personally don't think she'll find this because I have already looked...) and let me know. I'm thinking she is still going to hafta carve the cake out, but she said that she could do the *** icing like I want. She said that she knew of no reason why I couldn't have what I wanted. That's what I wanted to hear.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment