Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Greetings from downtown Shreveport, Louisiana! For the next two nights, my home is on the second floor of the Hilton Hotel. Forgive me for saying this, but I am in Heaven!! The hotel is very nice - but I told Wayne that it wasn't as nice as the hotel we stayed at in Atlanta a few years ago. I valet parked my car ($8 bucks a day) because I had no idea where to park it. I have the luxury of two beds....one to throw all my junk on without having to say, "Clean that mess up" and the other to actually sleep in all by myself!!! I have room service! I have Crabtree & Evelyn bath products waiting on me in the huge bathroom!! That ranks right up there with Philosophy in my book! I'm sitting -hmm...lying here against one of those round pillow thingies (it sure makes my back feel better!) here watching Carrie Underwood in her pretty little white pantsuit sing a crazy song that sounds like it is from the new Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher movie - on a huge flatscreen TV. Don't ask me if it's blue tooth. I have no idea. It does say "LG" on the bottom. Must mean "LARGE." Here is a pic of it! Anyway. I can't decide if I want room service BEFORE or AFTER my long bubble bath and Kirk Cameron book! Decisions, decisions. And, yes! I found the J. Jill store right off the bat!! Thank you, God, for this special blessing. Just a few days away. Wayne and Alise, I love you both and I promise to return home a new woman!!

You may be wondering why in the world I am here in Shreveport and why I seem to be so giddy about being away from my family. First of all, sometimes Mommies just need to get away and that's all I am going to say about that. Except, sometimes those little get-away gifts come in the form of business trips. So, yes. This is strictly a business trip. In order to maintain your license as a CPA in the state of Louisiana, you must have 120 hours of CPE (continuing professional education) every three years. That equates to about 40 hours (5 days) a year. Sometimes it works out like that for me and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes, I'm cramming that last year to get my 120 hours. I digress. So here I am, in my sweet state of Louisiana in my high-rise hotel room (Oh, have I mentioned that already?) for CPE tomorrow morning at the Shreveport Convention Center. Now, normally, I pick courses that are "relevant" to being a CPE....you know...eithics, tax updates, accounting and auditing updates and the list goes on. For the next two days, I will be in a Microsoft Access class. Don't ask. It's just something that I've always wanted to learn. Will I ever use it? Probably not. Did it require a night in a hotel room? Oh, yeah!!

I've already decided. Tomorrow night, I am eating at Macaroni Grill. It's right down the road from J. Jill. Wayne refuses to go to one when we find one and so I'll go with out him. When I told him about it, he asked me, "You're gonna go by yourself?" I was like, "Oh, yeah!"

So, by now, you either hate me or think I am the worst mother in the world. What can I say to that? All I can say is that I'm gonna sleep good tonight!!!

P.S. OH! I saw in our local paper that "Go Diego Go" is coming to Monroe in June! I'm gonna talk to Wayne about it again, but I think we're going to take Baby Girl! So excited that something fun is coming to Monroe!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm not even going to tell you how jealous I am.......Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might as well just move your junk over sister because I'm coming down for the same TLC that you're getting. (Just Kiddin') I've always heard that you have to go to work in order to get a break. Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sound absolutely heavenly! These days, I look forward to dentist appointments because I get to spend a bit of time "relaxing" in the chair- I can't imagine a whole hotel room to myself!!

    But I am not excited for you about the Access class- I took a whole class on it in college- ugh- and I never used it since!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right... sometime mommies just need some time away. I hope you had a good time even though it was work related! Have a safe trip home:)

    ReplyDelete