Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008



HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE WONDERFUL MOTHERS OUT THERE!!

I was just going through the disk we received from Portrait Innovations from our photo session earlier this weekend and God reminded me how truly blessed I am to have a beautiful daughter and a wonderful husband.

For those of you that may not know, Wayne and I waited ten years before God decided to bless our lives with such a precious gift. The truth is, we thought we didn't want any children; we were happy with just the two of us. Now, we think, "WHAT were we thinking?" and "What did we use to do with ourselves before Alise entered our world?" She truly is the best thing that has ever happened to two people! I found myself rocking her in my arms tonight telling her about the day she was born. I've never done that before. I told her about her daddy and I meeting God at the hospital late that night and how when He finally put her in my arms, I told her about her sparkling blue eyes and red hair. Alise looked at me in shear amazement. She loved the story and I secretly chided myself for not telling her that great story before today. Maybe I had just been saving it for a special "Mother's Day."

So, having said all that, it is amazing to me that I would even celebrate "Mother's Day." That special day was reserved for my mom and Grandmothers. Certainly not me. And even though the day's events of my first Mother's Day are a little hazy (I know there was a restaurant involved and I remember being so estatic to wear a pre-pregnancy red dress), I do remember being excited and so blessed that God - in all His divine wisdom - had so much more planned for me than I could ever hope for or imagine!

I have posted the lyrics to "In My Daughter's Eyes" here on my blog before, but I thought today was even more appropriate. Enjoy!

In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes
In my daughter's eyes
everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me gives me
strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes
And when she wraps her hand around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about
It's hangin' on when your heart has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daughter's eyes
In my daughter's eyes
I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes

I know there are so many of you that are dying to hear about our weekend in Alabama, Doug's party, stories of Katie & Alise, as well as our near brush with death, but please forgive me. I'm feeling a little sentimental tonight. I promise to update with all the details in a few days and pictures to match, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! I was blessed to see you become a mother! I will always cherish it! Serving you and your husband was a blast!

    ReplyDelete