Saturday, May 10, 2008

Friday, May 9, 2008

Greetings from Cullman, Alabama!! No, this is not Tuscaloosa as promised, but it's still Alabama! Sorry about not posting last night like I said I would, but the hotel that we were staying at didn't have wireless internet (don't ask!), so I wasn't able to.

Here are a few pics I took of Baby Girl on the way to Bama last night. I finally had my first experience with the question, "Are we there yet?" I bet I heard it a hundred times! The first question came before we even got to Vicksburg, Mississippi! Alise was so excited that she didn't even take a nap yesterday at school. Ms. Gloria said that she was too excited to sleep. She waited for me at the picture window instead. When we crossed the Alabama line, Wayne and I shouted, "Yeah! We're in Alabama!!" and she said, "Where? Where is Alabama? Where is Katie?" Too funny.

Tonight, Aunt Peggy (Doug's mom) kept the girls while the four of us went out to eat in Huntsville. We ate at a great Mexican restaurant called "Cantina Loraedo." The food was wonderful. Our waiter made guacomole dip right at our table and it was actually really good! Wayne refused to eat it. We were going to go to a movie, but Mirya and I got so caught up in shopping at J.Jill's that we forgot about the movie.

Katie and Alise have fallen head over heels in friendship with one another! They played outside and in the sandbox for a while this afternoon. They tried desperately to have a slumber party on a pallet in Katie's room tonight, but I think that both of them were so tired, that they just wouldn't give it up! Alise ended up on the blow up mattress with us and Katie is in bed with Doug and Mirya.

Well, it's really late (nearly one o'clock in the morning) and Alise just finally gave it up. I need to get in the bed because we've got a very busy day planned tomorrow. Stay tuned for more updates!














2 comments:

  1. Oh my, Wayne got a personalized license plate for his truck. Spare me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know him....

    ReplyDelete