Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday, May 23, 2008

Praise the Lord! Finally, some wonderful, good news this week! I am so excited that I can barely type!! About a year ago, some of you may remember that I posted about my favorite doctor in the world - Dr. "S" - and how she had miscarried a set of twins at 23 weeks (I think). A few weeks ago, I thought about Dr. S and I sent her a card in the mail. Imagine my surprise today when I got home and there was a card from her -get this- announcing the birth of her son!!!! God blessed this "S"pecial family with a baby boy through another's gift of adoption. On the back of the announcement, Dr. "S" wrote, "...look how good God is!" My heart is so happy for her! I hope this news encourages you today. No matter what you're going through, God has a special plan for your life and it is so much greater than you could ever imagine. His thoughts are not our thoughts; His ways are not our ways so we have to trust in His plan because He knows all things and what is best for us, His children. "Rejoice in all things. Again, I say, Rejoice."

I wish I had a picture of Alise's expression when she saw her poodle birthday cake! It was priceless! Her little face just lit up and she had the biggest grin on her face! I was so happy because she was happy. So, needless to say the poodle cake lookes wonderful. Here are a few pics from this afternoon.

Cyndi was still decorating it when we got there and Alise had a blast watching her decorate it.
Here is the finished cake! Just like the picture. Cyndi is wonderful! She will be making all my cakes in the future! We all can't wait to taste it tomorrow. Did I tell you that it is strawberry cake with cream cheese and real strawberries for filling and cream cheese icing? Gosh, it sounds wonderful!! I will definitly let you know tomorrow how it tastes!!

Okay. Now the story I was planning to lead off with tonight before I got Dr. S's card....Someone please slap me with a wet noodle!! WHAT was I thinking about having this party outside?!?! The high tomorrow is 95 degrees!!! Thank goodness I had enough sense to change the time!!! Thank you, mom, for agreeing with me! Oh, my goodness I broke a sweat just running around at lunch today to get last minute items! I thought I was going to die! I even looked for fans at The Paper Shack and they didn't have any. Oh, well. I guess if people get too hot, they can just fan with my Alabama fans! We'll see just how low those LSU fans will stoop tomorrow!! {Laughing my fool head off!} Actually, I've been praying to the Lord all day for a cool front. I told him that since I didn't go off on a few people this week at work - and I really could have - that He could "bless" me with cooler weather for Alise's party. I like to think He laughed at me! I can hear him saying, "Well, you thought about doing it, so that's the same in My book. Sorry, Sister, but you're gonna hafta suffer through tomorrow!" Then I thought, "Well, could you at least shrink my body enough so that I could wear a tank top tomorrow?" I seem to recall He said, "Sorry, Sister, but you're too old for tank tops." So, there you have it. That was my conversation with God today. Bottom line: If you're coming tomorrow, bring a fan and dress cool. Tank tops optional. Bottom, bottom line: Don't ever have a birthday party outside at the end of May again. Enough said.

Allow me to amuse myself for just a minute and go down memory lane. Three years ago today, was my last day of work. I was fat and sassy and I was ready to deliver! I have the satisfaction of saying, "I worked right up to my due date." Yes, May 23rd was my official due date, but I distinctly remember not liking that date because it was an odd day and I wanted Alise to be born on an even day (The Lord blessed me with my wish!). When Alise didn't cooperate (Chelita - remember all the "lovely" advice you gave for helping to get Alise here alot sooner?), Wayne and I thought, "Hey, wouldn't it be great if she could have an 05/25/05 birthdate? Thanks to a head nurse at North Monroe, that didn't happen, either. So....we were blessed on May 26, 2005 with our special Baby Girl. And our lives have never been the same. To think that one little girl could change the hearts of two people is beyond anything that we could ever imagine. Thank you, God, for the miracle, the privilege, and the blessing.

2 comments:

  1. You will have so much fun tomorrow at Alise's party. Even if it is hot! At Isaac's pary last year it was really hot. His birthday is in September and we had it at the park. The kids had fun. But, I will be rethinking that option this year:) Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cake! It's so cute. I wished I could have seen Alise's face. I can just imagine what it looked like. Y'all are going to have so much fun.

    I saw the fairy dress on ebay - how adorable, but I can't see paying $50. yikes! Thanks a lot.

    Did Wayne enjoy his BBQ? tehe!

    Wish we were there with you!

    Love ya,

    ReplyDelete