Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Alise called her Nana last night to see if she could spend the night this Friday night. Nana had to check her social calendar and said okay, so Baby Girl is excited. I think her feelings were hurt last weekend that they didn't ask her to spend the night while Brooklyn was in town. Oh, well. There will be plenty other times! Wayne hasn't decided if he is going to work on the house Friday night (depends on the weather), but if he doesn't, we might actually have a date night. Woo-hoo!! I'm excited about that!!

I took our taxes to our CPA yesterday. Yes, we have a CPA. Yes, I am a CPA but I don't do taxes. I haven't done our tax return since Alise was born. Just too much to worry with and calculate with daycare expenses and child care credits. To be honest, I could care less about the whole thing. Just tell me I'm getting a refund and show me where to sign. This year, I wasn't as good with my paperwork and keeping everything together. I forgot a few important things...just a couple of 1099's, that's all. So, I had to email him that information today. Our return should be ready at the end of the week. The good news is that we're getting a refund! We got to deduct the property taxes we paid on the house next door. I was pleasantly surprised about that because I didn't think we could. Dennis is one of my old bosses where I use to work at the CPA firm. He is kind enough to do my return for free even though I have told him to send me a bill. I enjoy catching up with him. We only see each other a couple of times a year...at tax season and maybe one or two times at CPE. Although I enjoy seeing "the guys" again, every year when I walk out that door, I breath a sigh of relief that I no longer work in public accounting. It's just not for me anymore.

My American Idol picks from last night were Carly and Syesha! I thought Carly was wonderful with putting a new twist on "Here you come again." I thought Syesha pulled off the best song ever (even if she did sound like Whitney Houston at the end)! PhotobucketI've always been a fan of Dolly's. My parents had an old LP album of hers and I remember singing, "Jolene," "Love is Like a Butterfly," "Coat of Many Colors," and "I will always love you" all the time in the living room! The pic above was the album cover. Dolly was my hero! I use to watch her TV show...and I'm not talking about the one that was on in the 80's. I'm talking about the one before that when she use to come down on the stage in a swing singing, "Love is Like a Butterfly." I recently read an article about her in the doctor's office. She admitted that all the "get up" is fake and professed to be a Christian. Go Dolly. And, no, I've never been to Dollywood, nor do I ever want to go. My Dolly days are over! She's too giggly and air-headed these days. Maybe I've grown up?

A second round of the flu is going around. Doctors offices are seeing patients come in with symptoms that resemble a sinus infection, but they end up having the flu instead. Not good. Two of my employees have been out sick in the past week, but luckily, they actually had sinus infections and not the flu.

We rented Alise two movies this week: "101 Dalmatians" and "The Bee Movie." She watched both, but got up this morning begging to watch "The Wizard of Oz" again, so I take it she wasn't too impressed. Maybe it's a good thing the Easter Bunny didn't leave the dalmatian movie in her basket! She says that the dalmatians have "polka dots" on them. I've tried to get her to remember Katie's dog in their backyard, but I don't think she does.

Here are some updated pics of Wayne's progress on the house next door. He is doing such a great job! And he's been so diligent with it. Accept for tonight. He and Alise took his 4-wheeler with the sprayer on it to a work friend who lives in Rayville. For the first two pics, you'll have to look at last week's post to see the progress. The last two are pics from up under the carport (It's a mess!).



Anybody wanna buy a house!?!

I have to give a shout-out to our favorite baby-sitter, Amie - although she never comes around anymore now that she's a college graduate!! {Laughing} Anyway, she's having a nose job in the morning!! {More laughing} Nah! Not really. I call it sinus surgery...something about a septum. She's got the medical lingo for the actual outpatient procedure. Just say a quick prayer for her! I know she's nervous, but the same doc that did Alise's ear/buttons surgery is doing her "nose job," so I'm pretty sure she'll be in good hands!! You can check out her "nose" pics on her blog site.

Well, the word's out. Doug knows that we're coming to Alabama next month for his "surprise" birthday party. He and Wayne were talking tonight and Doug just told him to bring what ever it was they were talking about with him when he came to Alabama next month for his birthday party. Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment