Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The plans for Alise's birthday party are finalized. The party will be from 10:00 to 12:00 on Saturday, May 24th. I have decided not to serve lunch (hot dogs) like I had originally planned. We'll just have cake and ice cream and let the kids play and jump. I left a message with "Jumping Jacks" today, but they never called me back. I emailed Sharon at All My Love and asked her to send me the last draft (hopefully). I also hope to order address return labels to match. I am so glad that most everything is taken care of. But I still haven't gotten a response from the lady that I want to do the cake. Wayne told me tonight that he might not be able to take off the Friday before Alise's party. I told him that was okay because I didn't think I would be running around like a chicken-with-my-head-cut-off that day. As long as he gets her bike put together, I should be fine.

Tomorrow I have to turn in the payment plan at Good Shepherd for Alise's tuition next year. The actual payments aren't due until August. There are four option plans: monthly, quarterly, by semester or all at once. I need to call the school tomorrow and verify the amount, but I think Wayne and I are gonna go ahead and pay it all up front. Just get the whole thing overwith! Then, all I will have to pay is after school care.

I have to let you know about a conversation that Alise and I had in the car on the way home yesterday. We ended up talking about Emma and Allie (imagine that!) and Alise asked me, "Does God love Emma?" I said, "Yes, Baby. God loves Emma." "Does God love Allie?" "Yes, Alise, God loves Allie and he loves you, too. Do you know how much God loves you?" "Uh-huh," she said (as if she really knew). I told her that God loved her so much that Jesus died on the cross for her and I asked her if she remembered making a cross at church on Easter Sunday. I know she probably didn't understand a word I said about Jesus dying on the cross, but I saw it as a "teachable moment," so I took advantage of the situation.

1 comment:

  1. I love it when my kids bring up God in a conversation. Elijah has started sharing what the Lord is doing for him and what he has learned as opposed to asking me things. I can't tell you how amazing it is to know, really know, that my child knows the LORD! Sweet stuff!

    ReplyDelete