Thursday, April 03, 2008

Thursday, April 3, 2008


Well, we had a little excitement at the Horton household last night!! I already told you that Wayne stayed up late last night watching a movie. I went to bed at 11:00. At 12:23, we were both waken up by the ringing of the doorbell. At first, we didn't know if we were dreaming! Then, there was knocking. Wayne grabbed a gun from under the bed and told me that no matter what happened, to stay in the bedroom. Nope. Ain't gonna happen. I stood at the end of the hallway and heard Wayne and another male voice. I CANNOT BELIEVE he opened the door!!! WHAT WAS HE THINKING?!? He said he opened the door because he recognized the guy's truck. He was our neighbor - who we have never spoken to - on the street over and he wanted to let us know that he saw someone in a black jacket walking around our yard and that he jumped the fence in Bob's yard (the house we're renovating). The neighbor said he stopped because he noticed Wayne's truck light on (the neighbor was patroling the neighborhood looking for someone). Wayne finally came back in the house, told me what was going on and I was scared to death! I told him he needed to call the cops right away. The cops finally showed up, shining lights everywhere. They didn't find anybody and promised to patrol the area for the remainder of the night. They told us that someone had reported a burgulary in West Monroe last night, also. They went to the neighbor's house (who told us) and asked him what he had seen. After the cops left, Wayne walked around outside for a while longer in the dark, checking everything out and finally came back inside. A light was on in his truck (He and Alise had ran an errand and she must have turned it on), but his truck was locked. Whew! I have never been so scared in my life! I asked Wayne what I would have done if I had been at home by myself with just Baby Girl and he said that I would have called the cops and told them someone was knocking on my door. I appreciate our neighbor looking out for us, but I thought the whole thing was strange. I would think that anybody in their right mind would have called the cops first and not go banging on somebody's door in the middle of the night! I believe I would have called instead. Of course, like I said, we didn't know this neighbor and he wouldn't have known our names or number. Baby Girl never even woke up! Apparently there were some burgalaries last night! Just about everyone on the street over from us had police cars at their house this evening filing reports. From what I found out from our neighbor, there is a "bad" family on that street that is renting from the church we live behind. This kid has already been in trouble with the law. His dad (the one that rang our doorbell last night) came back over tonight to talk to Wayne again. I told Wayne that this whole thing was suspicious. I think the Dad is scoping us out to see if they can break in! I'm worried to death!

Amie seems to have made it through her "nose job" surgery just fine. I knew she would. Her sister sent text messages to all her friends this morning to let us know how she was doing, so that was neat! I've never had a play-by-play surgery texted to me before! I was in the Sonic drive-thru on 18th Street this morning, when I read the first one and I busted out laughing! That's some sister she's got! And guess what? Her name is Laura. Go figure.

2 comments:

  1. How scary! I'm glad to hear that you're alright. I wouldn't have opened up the door either. I know how it is. We had some druggies that lived at the end of our street for years. We were all the time hearing their loud language and cops making trips down there. It was so aggravating & some times scary. Thank God! They finally moved about 2-3 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! That is just too much! Stay safe my friend!

    ReplyDelete