Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Alise is going to have MAJOR conduct problems when she gets in school!! Why? Because she never shuts up!!! She is constantly talking!! It's amazing that when we get around people, she gets quiet and bashful. But at home? It's a whole different story!! And I'm not sure if she is worried that we will leave her again or what, but she follows me and Wayne all around the house like a little puppy dog - especially me. I'll be in one room, Wayne will be in the other room and she'll ask me, "Where's my daddy?" She and Wayne were wrestling on our bed this afternoon and I was in the kitchen cooking supper and I heard her say, "Where's my mommie?" It's funny that Bill's sermon had to do with velcro today. Wayne and I both looked at each other and smiled. There for a while, Alise would tell you that her name was Alise Velcro Horton, thanks to her Daddy teasing her about always needing to touch me. She just loves her Mommie!! Speaking of Baby Girl, I told Leigh this morning at church that after I got her ready, she looked like she was ten years old!! She had on a slinky black and white polka dot dress with a hot pink bow around the empire waist, black flip-flops and a hot pink headband. I took a picture of her this morning before we left, but it didn't turn out very well because she moved.

It rained a very slow, drizzling rain here today this afternoon. Perfect sleeping weather! However, the only one that got any sleep was Wayne. He finally gave up on the draft and took a nap on the couch. Alise and I went to my Mom and Dad's to wish Cousin Brooklyn a fond farewell. They left around 2 o'clock to take her back to Arkansas. She is suppose to come back in a few weeks for Alise's birthday party.

Speaking of the birthday party, I still can't seem to decide on the time for the party. I drove by the church on Friday to see what the shade looked like around the playground at 10:30, but it was cloudy and overcast, so I couldn't tell anything. I'm thinking of moving the party up to 10:00 instead of 11:00 and not serving the hotdogs. I'm scared that the hotdogs will make the kids sick with the warm (HOT) weather. But, then, I feel chintzy for only serving cake and ice cream. What do you think? What should I do? The invitations have been paid for; I just need to finalize the time. My mom also gave me the email address for the lady at her church who makes cakes. I emailed her this afternoon to see if she would be interested in making a pink poodle cake. She hasn't emailed me back yet. I thought I needed to order more party supplies, put when I went through the birthday express box last week, I had everything I needed! Yeah!

Well, it's back to the grind for me and Wayne-o tomorrow. We've been off work for a week and we have really enjoyed ourselves. Wayne's worked on the house next door, we went to Memphis for several days and got to eat at our favorite restaurant and shop; we went motorcycle riding on Friday; we took naps and stayed up late. And now, it's back to the real world! Yuck! God only knows how many emails and voicemail messages I will have to answer tomorrow when I get back to the office. And, on top of that, I've got gymnastics with Alise tomorrow night, too! Did I tell you that she is already turning "rolls" on the bars to our swing set here at home? We've been trying to teach her to roll herself back over after she does one, but her little arms just aren't strong enough to hold on for her to do it. She'll do it one day, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment