Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Saturday started early for us! As soon as our feet hit the ground, we were off running! We left our house around 7:45, made a stop at the dump, and headed to the Catfish Festival in Winnsboro. The air was crisp for Spring so Alise and I wore light jackets and kept them on the entire time. The sun was out, but the wind was blowing. For it to be so early in the morning, the concession food (funnel cakes, kettle corn, corn dogs, pizza, hamburgers, and, of course, catfish) smelled so good to me and Wayne!! Alise enjoyed the festival, but she nickel and dimed us to death. She got her face painted, jumped and faniggled her way through all the "blow up" obstacle courses and houses, petted the animals and had to do a sand art project with a Hannah Montana bottle. She rode in her stroller the whole time, and for that, I was glad. I was also glad that Wayne was with us, but I still didn't get to look or browse for very long. Once she saw the "children's area," she had had enough of shopping. I did find the "Mallorie and Madeline's" booth and was slightly disappointed that I didn't find a thing for Baby Girl. The owner told me that there were more things in his store across the street, but we didn't have a chance to make it to the actual store. I did buy Alise one sun dress, 5 stretchy headbands, and a pair of flip-flops that had bows on them. Of course, they were pink and white. Wayne bought two bags of kettle corn and by 10:15, we were done. I was thankful to be leaving just as it seemed to be getting a little more crowded.

From there, we headed to Bastrop for Jackson's birthday party. I've never seen someone like Scooby Doo as much as that little boy did!! So much so, that his dad told us that he drove to Shreveport to get him the "Mystery Machine" for his birthday. What us parents do for our kids! I laughed because that would be something that Wayne and I would do, too. Anyway, there was Scooby Doo birthday party decorations everywhere and Alise enjoyed getting to make a door knob hanger for her bedroom door. What a neat idea, Amy! The cake was wonderful, even if we did all have signs of blue icing all over us {Smile}. And then, more Scooby Doo presents. The highlight of the party was Jackson taking the tarp off his new bright blue four wheeler! The kids spent a while chasing him on his old four wheeler in the yard. As for Baby Girl, she was perfectly content on taking it all in while swinging onthe swing set. She didn't want to get off. And I must say that it was the perfect sized set...not too big and not too small. Just right. But being outside and playing on the swing set is a whole other story. As soon as we pulled up to Chris and Amy's house, she saw the swing set and begged, pleaded, cried, and whined to go outside. I, on the other hand, had to beg, plead, cry and whine to get her to come back inside for the party. I finally had to threaten her that we would go home. Eventually, she calmed down and ate cake and watched the present opening. She was tired and sleepy. It was nap time and I had wished that she would have fallen sleep in the truck on the way to their house. Wayne enjoyed getting to catch up with Chris. The two of them grew up together in Oak Grove. I just hate that Wayne and I have been married for thirteen years (next week) and I still haven't met Chris' parents!!!

I just knew Alise would fall asleep on the way home. She was exhausted. I was wrong. I couldn't even get her to rest on the couch....so....we spent the rest of the afternoon outside! Wayne worked on the house next door and Baby Girl and I had a picnic, blew bubbles, strolled babies, played with the pink car and tricycles, swung, slid, everything! By the time bedtime rolled around, Baby Girl was SO tired! No problems with going to bed, that's for sure!

Today, we went to church, went to visit Nana & Papaw, and then came home for even more time outside. I made a four course meal of smothered deer steak, corn on the cobb, and rice and gravy. Chad came over for a while and took a spin on Wayne's motorcycle. We tried to get him to stay and eat supper with us, but he was waiting for Target Allison to get home from visiting her parents for the weekend. I gave him the red diaper bag that I had ordered for Allison's shower that didn't come in in time. I hope she likes it.

So how 'bout those Alabama fans!?!? Wayne said several times on Saturday that we should have been at the A-Day game in Tuscaloosa. Oh, well. Looks like the Bammers pulled it off without us. When he finally did come in last night from working, one of the first things he did was check the internet to see how many people actually went to the game. I was betting on 56,000. I was wrong. We listened to Paul Finebaum's radio show from Thursday (the Friday show wasn't available on the internet Saturday morning) on the way to the Catfish Festival and to Bastrop. I'm not familiar with the whole blog issue and what exactly happened. I think it's been blown totally out of proportion. But, Nick Saban, if you really want something to read, then read this: ROLL TIDE!!!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for stopping by my blog- your daughter's name is too cute!

    ReplyDelete