Saturday, April 05, 2008

Saturday, April 5, 2008

We got another birthday party invitation in the mail today. It's for Alise's friend, Jackson Irvine. His dad, Chris, and Wayne were good friends growing up together in Oak Grove. Jackson came to Alise's birthday party last year, so we'll be going to his next week. Wayne and I are trying to figure out how we're going to do a birthday party and The Catfish Festival next weekend? We'll come up with something, I'm sure. So, tonight, I convinced Wayne to quit early on the house and we all went to the mall for supper at Chic-fil-a. After that, we went to Toys R Us to pick out Jackson a birthday gift. I am clueless when it comes to little boys! I went up and down the aisles looking for something and just couldn't find anything. Finally, I went down the sports aisle and decided on a tee-ball machine that works about three different ways. While I was on that aisle, Wayne and Alise came riding up behind me and scared me to death. Alise was peddling a small bicycle with training wheels. She fell in love with this little 12-inch pink and purple bicycle. Wayne stuck a pink helmet on her and gave her a pink and purple princess glove and took her picture right there in the store. He sent it to Donna & Steve. I had to drag them away from all the bicycles and convince Alise to come show me some things that she wanted for her birthday. Right now, she still wants a pink CareBear and a Hannah Montana Barbie doll that sings. I'm going to ask my mom and dad to get her the tee-ball stand from Little Tikes (I saw a pink and purple one tonight). I also saw a Disney Princess fishing pole and tackle box and I thought of Uncle Steve. I hope one day Wayne will be able to take her fishing. But, anyway, on the way home, Wayne and I discussed getting Alise a bicycle for her birthday. She is just now learning to peddle. I just worry that it may be too soon. Man, I just never considered getting her a bicycle. It's just another step to her growing up and getting older! I just don't know if I'm ready for her to have a bicycle. We'll see.

Alise had fun at her Nana & Papaw's over night. The weather was so cool that they didn't get to go outside, but they made cookies, watched old "Little Rascal" movies, and Nana painted her toes and fingernails. She was happy to see me when I picked her up and I missed her, too.

This morning, I went and had my car washed and cleaned. I went to Stein Mart and Paul Michael's, but I didn't buy anything. I wasn't feeling that good, for some reason. I was a little nauseous. I had the same feeling last night when I was at Belk, but I just thought it was because the store was so hot! Today, I thought it was because I had slept so late (we didn't wake up until 9:00) and the weather. I finally stopped at a Burger King and got a hamburger and coke and started feeling a little better, but I still felt like I didn't have any energy. Before I went home, I decided to stop by Lowe's, because a friend of mine had told me that all their spring flowers were out. I bought Alise some "spreading petunias" to help me plant in the big pots I have in front of the front door of our house. I'm hoping Wayne will get me some potting soil and we can plant them late tomorrow afternoon. She loves using her Mermaid watering can to water my aezaleas, so she'll get a kick out of finally getting to water flowers in my pots. This afternoon, I came down with a migraine headache, but after I laid on the couch with my eyes closed, it finally eased up enough to go get something to eat with the family. Now, I'm feeling fine. Someone said there was a stomach virus going around. I don't know if I had touch of that or not?

Alise is excited about Allison's baby shower tomorrow. She's talked about Allison opening presents. She said that she wants to help her, but I tried to explain to her that it was Allison's party and not hers yet. I also told her that Baby Ella was suppose to be there, so she's looking forward to seeing her, too. She told me she wanted to wear shorts to the party and I told her no, that she was wearing a nice dress. (She pitched a fit Friday morning about not wanting to wear a dress that she had picked out at Old Navy the night before and I told her that if she didn't wear it, I was going to send it to Katie. She told me, "I wear it, Mommie, but not today.") I'll post pics tomorrow from the shower!

2 comments:

  1. Sickness? Hmmm - Could you be PG? Hmmmm?

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not pregnant for sure!

    ReplyDelete