Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday, April 28, 2008

Alise insisted on helping her daddy wash his motorcycle tonight before supper. This is my favorite picture of her standing on her tippy-toes! Her daddy said that she was a really big help!


My little gymnast looked like Mary Lou Retton herself tonight! I have never been so proud of her!!...and sick at the same time. Of all nights for me to leave my digital camera in the car!! I started to go out and get it, but I knew that I couldn't leave Alise by herself (Thus, the title "Mommie & Me gymnastics") and I hated to ask someone else watch her while I slipped out for a few minutes to retreive it. She actually beat Ms. SueAnn to the bars tonight and did a "skin-the-cat" all by her sweet little lonesome. Of course, we've been practicing on the swing set bars at home! My favorite gymnastics feat is the beam, so you can amazine how high I was jumping off the ground when Alise made it all the way across the most narrowest beam in the rgym without holding my hand! She did it three times!!! And her cartwheels! (If you want to call it that!) I didn't even know she could do them by herself!! I praised her and praised her on the way home for doing so well and me not having to constantly stay on her to, "Com'on Alise. We need to do...." While our babies were in the ball pit and activity area, me and another mom were talking and I asked her if she was going to let her daughter take this summer. I told her that we weren't because I needed a break. Besides, I'm ready for Alise to move up to the Tumble Bears class and do the whole gymnastics thing by herself - with me watching from the view window, of course. She'll move up to the Tumble Bears class this Fall.
My return to work wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. That's probably because everyone knew that I needed a whole day to answer emails and voice mails and so they left me alone. It took me four hours just to go through emails!!! And that's just reading most of them and answering a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment