Friday, April 04, 2008

April 4, 2008

The weather was very bad here today. It hit downtown (where I work) around 10:00 this morning! The sky was black as night and it was raining sideways! The trees were bent over and I just knew the electric poles and lines were gonna snap any minute! I also thought the roof of our building was gonna peel back like a sardine can, but, luckily, it never did! The storm lasted about an hour and I thought about Alise. I just knew that she was scared to death at school. I started to call and check on her, but I was slammed with work! My boss was headed to Baton Rouge for the day and she called me straight up 9:00 with a list of things she needed. Ugh! Just when I thought I was going to coast for the day and actually get some of "my" work done!! It rained the entire day. Just a blah (and sleepy) kind of day!

Some how, some way, Alise ended up in our bed some time through out the night. Wayne says that she hollered out around 2:30 and I hollered back for her to come get in bed with us. This, I don't remember. All I know is that I woke up this morning at 7:00 (an hour late) and I had the worst six cricks in my neck and Baby Girl was huddled up at my back. I couldn't move at all and my neck was killing me! I also had the craziest dream about the three of us being inside of a whale. Don't ask. I think it's all for a lack of sleep from the night before because of the crazy idiot ringing our doorbell at 12:23!!! I digress. Anyway, would you believe we made it out of the house this morning by 7:50? I was so glad I was at the office when my boss called because I just knew I was going to be after 9:00 getting to work.

As I write, Alise is at her Nana's. In bed asleep, I am sure. Wayne is asleep on the couch snoring and I can't seem to find anything on the internet to cure my boredom. We had a date tonight. He and I went to Toys R Us to get Allison a baby shower gift -or gifts (it looks like the red diaper bag I ordered online from Target did not make it in time for the shower on Sunday). Wayne insisted that we get her (and Chad) things that we liked and needed when we had Alise. We spend $100 bucks! That doesn't count the smocked dress I bought at Belk earlier tonight. After that, we went to eat at Copeland's and it was so good! I had the crawfish fettucine and Wayne had fried shrimp. Wayne is going to work on the house all day tomorrow because the weather is suppose to be nice and I am going to take my car to the wash and run some errands. I'll pick Alise up around 3:00 from my mom's. Tonight, we talked about what we were going to do for our anniversary in a couple of weeks. We decided not to go out of town. We may go to Jackson or Shreveport for the day -if my mom can keep her - but we're not going anywhere big or exciting.

I talked to Amie tonight on the computer about her nose surgery. She was really grossing me out! I won't go into all the details because I really think it was the drugs talking, but just know that I think she is going to live! Ha, ha!

Here's another joke for you:

No comments:

Post a Comment