Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I've been working on my ipod...downloading music from Wayne's "juke box." If you could see my play list, you would laugh! So far, I only have 108 songs, but I've got stuff from ABBA to Alanis Morissette; from Barbra Streisand to Lita Ford; from Sandi Patti to Skid Row!!! Are you laughing yet? I can't remember how many songs Wayne told me that my ipod will hold, but I know I've got a long way to go!!! I've been in budget meetings all week again, so I haven't really had the time -or even been in my office for that matter - to enjoy it! Maybe tomorrow.

Speaking of music, let me get on my soap box about American Idol. All I can say is that it has been a very disappointing season. No one has just impressed the socks off me. And more than half the time, I totally disagree with the judges. When they announced that the next two nights were going to be "'80's Nights," I was like, oh, wow! We should hear some good music. Wayne (who is now watching the show - can you believe it? He likes to play "Name that Tune") and I just look at each other as if to say, "can you believe this?" Anyway, I've got my favorite 5 over in the margin of my blog in no particular order. I will say that my fave right now is probably Carly Smithson - tattos and all. I'm getting off my soap box.

Alise and I went to Michael's tonight after I picked her up from school. I asked my bestest friend Leigh to make some bracelets for me and she told me that Michael's had a new section of beads, so we went to check them out. I couldn't find the "new section," but I did buy some svworski crystals for new bracelets for Baby Girl. Alise picked out the most beautiful crystals in the shape of butterflies. I can't wait to see what Leigh comes up with!! She is SO creative!! She has made every piece of jewelry that Alise owns (except for her silver bangle) and she'll be quick to tell you that "Ms. Leigh made this for me." What better advertisement could you ask for? Check out Leigh's designs on her blog at www.leigh-leighsheart.blogspot.com. Back to my Michael's story. We were in the check out line and it never fails that I always get in the slowest line or the one with all the problems. There was an elderly lady checking out in front of us and she was so rude to the sales clerk. I felt so sorry for her! The woman had bought some rolls of ribbon and was complaining that the sale price wasn't coming up on the register. All I kept hearing was, "That sign over there says three rolls for a dollar!!" After we left the store, I told Alise that the woman had been very ugly and that she had been rude. She said, "Shame on herself, Mommie!" I nearly dropped my bag from laughing! We dropped the beads off in Brad and Leigh's mailbox and Alise kept going on and on about the kitty cat. I didn't even know that she knew the Pevehouse's had a kitty cat, but she must have seen it the night of the Daddy-Daughter banquet. Anyway, I wanted to say that her name was "Sosha" (I think that's right because Mirya's cat was "Sassy" I think....) and I remember what happened to Sosha, so I didn't want to tell Alise the wrong name. I had to promise her that I would find out the name of that crazy cat! Well, Leigh told me tonight that it was Sugar. You should hear Alise say "Sugar." It is so sweet!! She acts like the world is at peace now that she knows the name of Ms. Leigh's cat!!!

Yesterday after school we went to the mall. After I got Alise a snack (cookie and drink in a mermaid cup) she was content and we headed to Dillard's to check out a pair of Nike shocks that Linda told me that she bought for Claudia-Kate this past weekend. Alise didn't like the teeny shoes and wanted a pair of Crocs instead. I could not convince her to get a descent color. She still insisted on the puke pink color (melon). Yuk! What in the world is she going to wear with those? Wayne has warned me not to let her wear them to school. The school's playground is made up of the rubbery stuff and it turns her white shoes black, literally. So she doesn't wear expensive shoes to school. It's going to be a fight with her in the mornings to let her know she can't wear them to school.

Baby Girl has been on her best behavior this week because she's geering up for the circus this weekend. She saw the advertisement tonight on TV. She has been the sweetest thing all week! My mom is picking her up tomorrow because I'm going to a Pampered Chef party at a friend's house. Wayne is going on his annual fishing trip with a bunch of guys this weekend at the camp, so Alise is dying to have the chance to sleep in my bed again.

1 comment:

  1. You are too kind!! I'm just thrilled Alise likes my jewelry!! And her momma too.

    Thanks for the free advertising!

    ReplyDelete