Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Alise and I went gallavanting this afternoon when I got off work. We went to visit my grandmother in the hospital. She is suppose to have surgery again in the morning at 11:00 and will be in a cast afterwards. She's thinking the doctors will let her go back to the nursing home next week because she can do rehab there also. Alise kept insisting on a snack, which I didn't have, so when we left Grandma's room, I took Alise down to the vending area across from the cafeteria and got her some gummy sweettarts out of one of the machines. She was so impressed with the machine! Especially when it kept spitting out my dollar bill. We walked down one of the long corridors behind the cafeteria, but close to the doctor's parking lot and I was struggling to open the bag of sweettarts. All of a sudden, we rounded the corner and nearly bumped into Dr. Stanley! He and I both started laughing and I said, "Alise! Don't look! Don't look!" I think I've mentioned before that every time I run in to Dr. Stanley, we end up in his office a least a week later. The next thing I asked, "Dr. Stanley, do you have a pocket knife?" "Well, I sure do! This ol' country boy carries those things. What are ya'll doing around here?" I told him that my grandmother was in the hospital and he said that he hoped she would be okay. Next, I turned to Alise and I said, "Do you know who this is?" And in her perfect Scarlett O'Hara breathless, swooning voice, she said, "Dr. Stanley!" We laughed. He asked if we were okay and I told her about her ear draining still (I hated to tell him, but he did ask!) and he suggested we change drops. He apolojized for not having a script, but I told him that I would just call his nurse tomorrow and he said that would work. He would get us fixed up. We said good-bye and ywhen we walked off, Alise asked me in her amazed voice, "That was Dr. Stanley?" and I heard him laugh around the corner. I think she was so surprised to see him outside his office. After our run in with Baby Girl's pediatrician, we went to Hobby Lobby to look for more beads for Leigh, but we didn't find any we liked. We left there and went to Payless to find her another pair of shoes. Ms. Gloria told me that her pink crocs had rubbed blisters on her feet, so I bought her first pair of white sandals for the spring/summer. Alise picked them out. They weren't my choice, but I wasn't in the mood to argue. She tried about ten pairs of shoes on before I got impatient and told her to hurry and choose a pair.

By the time we got home, it was 7:00 and too late to cook a meal. So I made dinosaur nuggets and mac and cheese for Baby Girl and Wayne and I had cereal. Wayne and I ended up watching a documentary about John Travolta. I'm a Travolta fan, although I don't think I've ever seen "Saturday Night Fever" from beginning to end. He will always be "Danny Zooko" in my eyes. I know he's not perfect, but he is one of those few actors in Hollywood that just really loves what he does and doesn't care for the lifestyle. Do you know he played in the movie "Pulp Fiction" (I haven't seen it, nor do I want to) for a total of $140,000? Wow!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, burning up the roads is a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete