Thursday, March 06, 2008

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Guess what!! Because of the impending bad weather this weekend, my mom has decided not to go with her church friends to the Daffodil Garden in Wisner, so she has decided to keep Alise for me tomorrow (Friday) night, too. I am so excited that I don’t know what to do with myself! I’ll have the whole house to myself (Wayne is going to the camp with a group of guys to go fishing)!! It all worked out for the best because when I reminded Alise this morning that her Nana would be picking her up from school today, she started whining that she wanted to spend the night with her Nana & Papaw. She is going to be so happy when her Nana tells her the news!!

Life is good when you can laugh at yourself! After being in meetings and not touching a single piece of paper all morning, I finally closed my office door after lunch today and turned on my ipod. I was jammin’!! I listened to everything from AC/DC to Glen Campbell (Rhinestone Cowboy…don’t laugh!). My staff thought something was wrong because I hardly ever close my door unless I’m having a meeting in my office. I would just laugh at every song that would come on (I had it on the shuffle mode so I would be surprised!). Some would bring back some crazy memories and some I would just sing along with. I had to ask my neighbor, Charles, if he could hear me singing through the walls and he laughed and said no. Then, Leigh called me and said that I answered the phone really softly, so I guess I felt like I had been caught in the act. Actually, I just didn’t recognize the number and I thought of not answering it (Yes, I screen my calls. That’s what voice mail is for)!!! Life is good these days!

I continue to be amazed at the little girl Alise is becoming. When I really think about it, it brings tears to my eyes. She is just growing up right before my very eyes and I feel like I missed something along the way. She’s gotten into the habit of me rocking her in the recliner a few minutes before she goes to bed and when she first wakes up in the mornings. I was holding her this morning and thinking, my goodness I remember when you were so tiny! Now, when I go in Children’s Shops, I can’t believe that she use to wear the tiny, itty, bitty clothes! These days, she has to have a purse with her just about where ever she goes and don’t let her forget her lipstick! She insists on dressing herself and having her hair fixed at all times. She likes to tell me when she thinks she needs a hair cut and she’d rather be outside than anywhere (now that the nights are getting a little longer, she begs to go outside when we get home in the evenings). She loves her friends and talks about Allie and Emma constantly. Usually, they are already at school by the time we make it there (imagine that!) and they are waiting at the front picture window for her. When they see our car, they start banging on the glass and a couple of times, even Allie has taken her pacifier out to shout, “Leese! Leese!” By the time we make it to the room, I have to hold them back so they don’t dog pile her! I don’t know what will happen next year (fall of 2009) when they are finally split up for good. I just don’t want to think about it. The other night, she and her daddy were playing around with her sunglasses and she put hers on and turned to me and said, “I’m ready to go to the beach, now!” She is just dying to put on a swim suit!!

I went to a Pampered Chef party tonight. It was alota fun. I'm thinking about having a party myself. I didn't know you could have party themes. Anyway, I ended up winning the door prize, so I won a small Pampered Chef cookbook. I can't wait to try some new recipes. I'll keep you posted how they turn out!

Speaking of all my '80's music, I am so sad to hear about Patrick Swayze has pancreatic cancer. He'll always be "Johnny". Also, Wayne told me tonight that Brett Favre has decided to retire.

1 comment:

  1. look up the press conference Brett gave today, he's practically sobbing through the whole thing. poor guy!

    ReplyDelete