Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday, March 16, 2008


Not a single smile. But certainly a bad attitude. It started when I put her Easter dress on her when we got to the gardens this afternoon. It itched she said. I wanted to say, "Suck it up! You can handle it for thirty minutes!" Instead, I said, "Baby, please do this for Mommie! Please? We won't be long." Not a single smile. Finally, after thirty minutes of whining and no cooperation, I said, "Let's go!" We left the gardens with Alise kicking and screaming and the whole city of Monroe witnessed her spanking right there on Forsythe Avenue! Linda Clark, my good friend from work, was walking across the street with her two sweet, adorable little granddaughters and all I could do was throw a wave up and gather up Alise in all her flowing lavendar and hit the sidewalk walking toward the truck. I was beyond ticked!

If Addison hadn't been such a good friend of Alise's, she wouldn't have gotten to go to her birthday party this afternoon. So, Wayne and I agreed, as her punishement, she would miss gymnastics tomorrow night - which included an Easter egg hunt in the gym - and we would let her go ahead and go to Addison's party this afternoon. It was a Curious George skating party and Alise loved it! Everyone couldn't get over how well she could skate (uh-hm...walk) and she had a blast! By 6:30, she was on an all out sugar high. By 7:30, she was in bed!

2 comments:

  1. You should get Matthew to take some photos of her! We are going there as soon as a friend has her new baby. We are doing portraits for our family and theirs...wanna come? You can save the Easter photos! And we can all spend time together...have a picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great! Let's do it! Let me know when!

    ReplyDelete