Saturday, March 08, 2008

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Alise and I are waiting to take supper to a family friend and her family. Missy's husband is a pilot and is out of town for three weeks and her parents BOTH had surgery this week. They also have two sweet little girls, so my Bible study group decided to get together and fix supper as a way to say we care about you. Alise begged to go with me so she could see Hannah and Kaitlyn.

Wayne is next door with the A/C guy. They have finished putting in the new heating and air conditioning unit. Now, we have to pay for it. Ouch! It's not cheap. Next, we're waiting on the carpenter to finish. Wayne got the paint gun repaired today at Sherwin Williams so that when the sheet rock is finished, Wayne will be ready to paint. We're like 90% finished and I can't tell you how ready I am to stick a for sale sign in the yard. There's a house on the street over that sold a few months ago for $90,000. At least that's what the A/C guy told us. We're not sure how many bedrooms and bathrooms it has, but we would be tinkled pink to get that much for ours! We would nearly be tripling our investment. I'm not getting my hopes up because I don't want to be disappointed in the end. I'm just tired of paying two house notes!

I picked up Baby Girl from my mom and dad's around 2:30 this afternoon. We were so happy to see each other. They said that she was so good. They had been hiding Easter eggs inside the house since it was so cold outside. Because of the weather, we haven't been able to "practice" outside. Our church's egg hunt is next weekend.
*************************************************************************************
We just got back home. It was a "family affair" tonight at the Wal-mart in Bastrop. I decided to take the other two with me. What was I thinking? Alise ran through the entire store hollering. At least I had Wayne to push the buggy! We ran into some friends from church. Alise begged to go to the "game area" to ride the rides, so I let her go while we were checking out. I kept a close eye on her and of course, she didn't want to leave when it was time. We remembered the time change and hurried home to get Alise in bed. I can already tell that I'm not gonna like this new time change.

So, now, we're eating taco soup (Leigh's recipe) and watching TV. I said something to Wayne about watching the Alabama v. LSU game, but he hasn't put it on the TV yet.

Thanks to my friend, Nikki, for letting us have one of Meagan's nice church dresses and two gymnastics outfits! Alise is so excited!

1 comment:

  1. My hubby has always wanted to buy/fix/sale houses. You can let me know what a pain it is when you get through with it all. :)

    Is taco soup anything close to tortillia soup?

    ReplyDelete