Friday, March 07, 2008

Friday, March 7, 2008

It snowed here today. The area schools were dismissed at 1:00 and Alise's daycare began to close at 2:00. Luckily, my mom was in the area and was able to go ahead and pick her up to spend the night at their house tonight. I can distinctly remember the last time it snowed here in March. It was 1992 and I remember that because I was in college and that was the first time in my life that I ever remember it snowing in March. Everyone was so shocked and a bunch of the college kids were making snow angels in front of the administration building. Memories.

Well, here I am. All by myself. Forgive me, but I am loving it! Like I said, Alise is at my parent's house for the night and Wayne is at the camp (He is crazy to go out in weather like this!) with his buddies fishing. I have not done a single thing but take a hot bath. I'm leaving all the "dirty" work for in the morning (after I sleep in with no interruptions).

It's diet time. I need to loose about 100 pounds in time for our beach trip in September. That's about six months. Let's see...that's about 16 pounds a month. Sounds like a plan to me. {Laughing} I was at Kohl's earlier tonight and they had a really good deal on their bathing suits. I found a cute one with pink and white polka dots, but I told myself that I was not even going to humor myself with trying one on until I can manage to loose some weight. I got depressed just trying on dresses to find a new Easter dress for this year. There's no hope. Ugh! There certainly is no hope when my bestest friend, Leigh, is feeding me! I had to stop by her house on the way home tonight and she let me have some corn and crawfish bisque and a cheesey biscuit to carry home. IT WAS SO GOOD! Leigh is one of the best cooks I know. I'm actually making her taco soup for our supper tomorrow night. Maybe she'll post the bisque recipe on her blog (hint, hint)?

I cannot believe that Easter is only two weeks away! I am planning for Alise and I to go to church with my mom and dad that day. I think Wayne will be helping out at the colesium because our church is having services on the Northeast campus on Easter Sunday. Mom and Dad's church normally have an Easter egg hunt for all the kids on the church grounds after the service. We went last year and Alise had a great time. I am predicting that the weather will be quite cool since Easter is earlier this year, but these days, you never know. I don't know if cousin Brooklyn will be making an appearance or not, although it is the year for her to celebrate Easter with us. I noticed that the props are set up in the mall for the Easter Bunny, but I have yet to see her. Alise said she wanted to go see her. We'll see. I am off work on Good Friday because her daycare is closed, so if the weather (and her behavior) permits, I plan on taking her to the zoo that day.

We are headed to the circus on Sunday afternoon. I stopped by the Civic Center today and bought tickets. Alise gets in free. She has been talking about it all week and has been so good! I am so proud of her! I am hoping that I can get a picture of her with the clowns. She looks a little ansy when I mention it. She has asked me several times if the tigers are going to get her. I have reassured her a thousand times that the tigers will not hurt her. We're going to try to get there early so that she can have a chance to ride the elephants and horses. I'll post pics Sunday night.

2 comments:

  1. Yes ma'am! The recipe will be on there soon......But you might not want to see what all's in it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny - 100 lbs. LOL I guess that means, if you're loosing 100 lbs. then I've got to loose 200 lbs. Right? LOL Oh, let's not talk about loosing weight. Every time I think that Sept is right around the corner, I grab a bowl of ice cream. tehe!

    We got a nice dusting of snow as well. You'll have to check out our pics both on blog & photosite.

    Did you take pics? I'd like to see them.

    Hope Wayne gets lots of fish!

    Give Alise a big hug & kiss.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete