Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Around 2:30 this morning, I thought Baby Girl was getting the flu. Sometime around midnight, she came and got in bed with us and I noticed she was rather warm. At 1:30, she started coughing and throwing up all the congestion in her chest. The throwing up part really scared her because she didn’t understand what was going on and she would try to run away. I chased her all over the house and finally convinced her to come back to the bathroom. She wanted something to drink, so I took her into the kitchen and put her on the counter while I fixed her a glass of juice. Right away, I noticed her shivering and I saw chill bumps on her arms. I took her temperature and it was 101.5. I gave her some Tylenol and we went back to bed. The same thing happened around 2:40. She was in such a tizzy that she wouldn’t let me take her temperature again, so I put a cool washcloth on her head and we “talked” about what had happened. I assured her that she didn’t do anything wrong, it’s just sometimes people get sick and have to throw up in the potty. She asked if me and daddy threw up in the potty and she insisted that I call Dr. Stanley to tell him she was sick. I had to explain to her that Dr. Stanley was asleep in his bed at his house. I finally asked her if I could take the washcloth off her face and she said yes and went into a fitful sleep. I laid awake just knowing that I was going to have to call in sick to work and battle it out in the doctor’s office. I thought about what I would do if Dr. Stanley wasn’t in and if he would give me something, too, since I hadn’t had the flu shot (Alise has, but I saw on TV that some strands of the flu are not covered by the vaccine). I thought about getting up and googling “flu symptoms” on WebMD and sending an email to Leigh to find out what her boys’ symptoms were. However, this morning, she woke up in a pretty good mood – considering she didn’t get much sleep – and I decided to go ahead and take her to school (She was grouchy and whiney last night). She wasn’t running any fever, but she was still coughing. When we got to school, I told Marian what had happened last night and she said that Alise looked like she didn’t feel good yesterday. I wish I had thought to find out if the flu was going around school. She ran off to art with her friends and never even kissed me good-bye!

Alise is so excited about her party tomorrow! Her valentines are already in her pink pail to hand out. I’m sure they will make a valentine bag tomorrow during art to put all their valentines in. On the way to school this morning, Alise said, “Mommie, we forgot my suckers!!” I had to explain to her that her party was not today but tomorrow. I am going to try and remember to take my camera to school tomorrow. I won’t be able to go to the party, but I’m hoping to get some pictures of Alise and her friends all decked out in their Valentine Day outfits. It’s kinda sad because this is her last Valentine’s Day at Yellow House. Here's a pic of the heart suckers for her class.
Baby Girl and I made cookies for her party tomorrow, too. Who says we're not the next two "Betty Crockers"?!

No comments:

Post a Comment