Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

PhotobucketWe don't normally celebrate Mardi Gras, but there are just some things that you HAVE to like about it. For instance, I love King Cakes, I like the colors of Mardi Gras (yellow, purple, and gold), and I like all the "glitter" that goes along with it. But the idea of "living it up" one last day before you "sacrifice" the next 40 days just doesn't appeal to me. It's amazing! Some people go to New Orleans every year for Mardi Gras. I went one time in college and I have honestly had no desire to go back. We don't even go to the parade here in Monroe. The biggest reason is because there are too many crazy people out there!!!

Well, it looks like Wayne's spanking last night worked on Baby Girl. I was anxious when I pulled into the school parking lot this afternoon. The kids were outside on the playground this morning and that's where I left her. All I could think about as I signed her in was "Oh, no. I left her in the same place where she showed out yesterday!" But when I got to school, Ms. Marilyn caught me in the hall and said, "You daughter was SO sweet on the playground this morning." Then, when I went in her room, I asked Ms. Gloria how her day was and she said she was "very good." I was so proud of her! I told her all the way home how proud I was of her and told Wayne that when he got home tonight that he needed to brag on her, too. She acted like she was proud of herself. I'm just so relieved!!

My Grandmother seems to be doing better. I met my mom in the surgery waiting room around lunch time after she saw the doctor. She said that the doctor was very impressed with the improvement that my Grandmother has made in the last 24 hours. She even had water to swallow her medicine on her own and moma says she seems to be more alert today. He said that he is going to have someone evaluate her for the Specialty Hospital, which is a long term skilled nursing unit for older patients that aren't ready to go home. It's located with in the same hospital (where I work). It was rather funny tonight because I was kneeling beside Alise tonight while she was saying her prayers and she said, "Thank you God for Moma & Daddy and thank you for Uncle Steve and thank you for Grandma..." and she hit me on the back and said, "and her Grandma!" It nearly brought tears to my eyes. She has been so sweet!

Check out Leigh's blog (the link is on the bottom left corner of my blog) and her new Valentine jewelry. She's making Alise a necklace for Wayne to give Alise Friday night for the Daddy/Daughter banquet at church. I've decided that Alise is going to wear her red and white polka dot dress. I promise to take lots of pics!

The weather is suppose to be bad here tonight. As I type, we are under a tornado watch. I think a limb has fallen on the house. The wind was pretty bad when I picked Alise up and she was so worried that a big storm was going to come like in "The Wizard of Oz." She kept saying, "Hurry, Mommie! We have to get home before the storm comes."

No holds barred tomorrow. Wayne is suppose to call me at 10:55 in the morning so I can click on ESPN at work to see if Julio Jones will commit to Alabama. Keep your fingers crossed that he decides to go with The Tide!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your grandmother is that much better!!

    I've been meaning to fuss at you about all the chocolate/candy pictures on this blog! I'm not coming back till they're gone....I crave chocolate every time I visit. I've already gained 5 lbs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are WAY TOO funny!!

    ReplyDelete