Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's not even 9:00 in the morning and Alise and I are already back home. I told you that Alise has been complaining with a stomach ache ever since Sunday. Well, she threw up all over me, my suit, my pantyhose and shoes this morning as soon as I opened the car door to get her out at school! Not just "Ugh!" but qua-druble "Ugh!!" Ms. Marilyn came running out with towels - for everyone (including the kids) had seen the whole incident. Alise had it all over her, all in the car...it was just everywhere. Ms. Marilyn said that she acted like she didn't feel good yesterday and that she complained once or twice about her tummy, but she just sent her to the bathroom. I hadn't really noticed a change in her behavior; just the complaining. So, for right now, we've had a bath, I've cleaned the car out, washed up the clothes and Alise is snuggled on the couch watching Oz. I can tell now that she doesn't feel well. Her face is pale and she isn't saying much or getting up and moving around. Ms. Marilyn said she could come back around noon if she felt better, but we're just gonna camp out in the living room and have girl time. I'll update later.
***********************************************************************************
It's nearly noon and I am bored out of my mind!! I honestly believe that God did not make me out to be a stay-at-home mom. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it's just not me! Within the last three hours, I have washed a thousand loads of clothes -unfolded- and ordered Alise's birthday party supplies off the internet. I got everything for $85 including the poodle purses (party favors) and free shipping. I thought that was great. I have also watched Oz, Peter Pan, and we are now watching "The Little Rascals" (alot better choice in my opinion. I'm tired of animation). I have also loaded, unloaded, and reloaded the dishwasher. I REALLY need to get to the grocery store!! Luckily, I have a can of chicken noodle soup in the cabinet for Alise for lunch. I thought about calling my mom to see if she could come stay with Alise while she takes a nap so I can go to the store. We'll see.
************************************************************************************
Okay. Now I am REALLY bored! So bored that I have resorted to shopping online (looking) at Walmart and Target!! It's nearly 2:30 and Alise has been asleep for almost two hours! I can't believe she is sleeping this long. I wonder how she is going to feel when she wakes up? I've decided to go on to Walmart in Bastrop and pick up some groceries...enough to last the remainder of the week, anyway. I've got to get out of the house!

I saw where Disney is bringing back "101 Dalmations" in a 2 disk anniverary collection. It is suppose to be out in early March - next week, I think. Sounds like an Easter basket gift to me! Which reminds me. I wanted to get by Target today because the Disney movie, "Ratoullie" is on sale for $10 this week. Alise has only seen the movie one time (we rented it from the movie store) and she wasn't very interested in it. Now, every time she sees it, she wants me to buy it for her.

The carpenter has been over at the house next door nearly all day. Wayne was aggravated last night because the plumber never showed up yesterday like he said he would. Hum...on second thought, I haven't seen the A/C guy, so I don't know if he's made it over this week or not. He was suppose to show up Monday and get the A/C done.

We also haven't gotten an invitation to Addison's birthday party this weekend. Her birthday is actually Sunday, but I think Tiffany is going to have the party on Saturday. I told Alise when I ordered all her party stuff earlier that there was no turning back from the poodle birthday party idea. She said, "Okay, Moma!" She has started calling me, "Mom" and I hate it. Where did she get that from?
*************************************************************************************
Did I tell you that I'm likin' Wal-mart again? Especially the one in Bastrop. Mile-wise, it's further; time-wise, it's about the same. The store is cleaner and doesn't seem to be as busy (at least when I am there) AND (the best of all) there are actually cashiers WAITING to check you out!! How great is that?! They may not have the same variety as the one in Monroe or West Monroe, but I like it much better. Now, I probably couldn't make it home with a gallon of ice-cream, but I don't buy ice cream that much. I have been able to make it home with frozen item as long as I buy them last. I do need to make another stop there before Easter. They seem to have had some really cute, inexpensive things for Easter baskets. Alise made out good today. After a package of Tinkerbell panties (they were out of her size in the Mermaid panties), a Mermaid nightgown, a Mermaid swimsuit, a new gymnastics outfit (she has outgrown her other one), and a Hannah Montana shirt, she informed me that she was ready to go home. I was like, "Oh, no, sister! We've got to buy some groceries!"

I've got a trivia question for you on my next day's post and I'll also post who my top picks are for American Idol. However, I will already tell you that I've picked the winner. I'll share that tomorrow, too!
************************************************************************************
Oh, and according to "Dr. Amie," Alise had a bug. She said upset stomachs and tummy cramps are going around. I guess Alise wasn't lying. Maybe her tummy really DID hurt. Never the less, as of 5:00 this afternoon, she is back to her wild, crazy self!! Lucky me!

5 comments:

  1. Yuck!! Poor Alise and you!! Hope she's better now.

    I love the Bastrop Walmart too. It is so much nicer than ours. Maybe I should do that tomorrow while I'm home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! The called you off for a whole day?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Amie?! Hey now...that was just some friendly advice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Alise is feeling much better now. I have to agree with Dr. Amie, we've had a terrible stomach bug going around here as well.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is an article about it in our local paper today. My AP supervisor is out sick with it today (Wednesday)!!

    ReplyDelete