Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday, February 24, 2008

I have felt rotten all weekend! It started Friday night with a bowl of broccoli cheese soup from McAllister's and it's been downhill ever since. I've had an upset stomach for most of the weekend and all I've wanted to do is sleep. I don't want broccoli cheese soup for a LONG time! The three of us have also been battling a hacking cough. So, the Horton's haven't done much this weekend but lay around, watch movies, and listen to each other cough! Wayne did get out for a while on Saturday and today to work on the house next door (The air condition guy is coming this week). I've got to manage to gather myself up sometime today long enough to go to the grocery store. We're out of just about everything again.

Alise's ear is much better, but we've been bad with the drops. We haven't been as consistant with them as we should, but it's just because she feels fine and it's hard to remember to put them in. I felt so bad because when I was taking the sheets off Alise's bed to wash, I noticed little spots all around her pillow area that were either dried blood or drainage. Now, I don't know for sure if that was before or after we started putting the drops in, but never the less, they were there and I felt bad for not noticing before.

I got an American Girl magazine in the mail. I am thinking about getting Alise the Itty Bitty baby and the matching nightgown for her birthday. The dolls are rather expensive, but alot of my friends whose daughters collect them, get them for special occassions like Christmas and birthday. I would like to start the collection for Alise, but I don't know which one would be her favorite. She may be a little too young for the collection, but not the Itty Bitty baby. I know there is a store in New York where you can shop and have "tea" with your American Girl doll. I think it's beau-coup bucks, but a neat idea. Who would have ever thought? The website is www.americangirl.com.

On Friday afternoon, I saw Lori at school and she asked me if I had heard from JGS. I told her that I had called them to find out if Alise got in and she said that the school called her this week to ask if Lori would need the 3 or 5 day program for Emma next year. Lori said she asked them if the call meant that Emma was accepted and the secretary told her that she would be receiving a letter in the mail. Hum...I'm thinking we all won't get a letter until sometime late next week. So, now it looks like the Three Muskateers (Emma, Allie, & Alise) will be together yet another year!! I thought Lori had decided to put Emma in the Monassori School, but she said that JGS was cheaper than the other lists around town that she had Emma's name on. I'm not sure what she meant by that - unless she meant Grace Episcopal, but JGS is definitly not cheap when you consider the after school care. I wonder if she knows that it's extra and not included in the tuition price? Hum...I might have to check with her. JGS will cost us about an extra $100 more than we are paying now per month at the Yellow House and that does not include uniforms.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry ya'll have felt yucky all weekend! Katie & I went through that last week, now Doug doesn't feel good. I'm sick of being sick.

    I think the American Girl dolls are precious and I thought about getting Katie one last year, but then G'ma Peggy & Papa Millard got her the Rosalina doll for her b'day. Right now, Katie has changed her taste for dolls towards Barbie style dolls; therefore, I'm going to wait on the AG doll. I hope she gets her taste back for baby dolls soon because I would like to start her a collection of dolls as well. I'm still looking at the Madame Alexander dolls as well.

    Hope ya'll feel better by tomorrow. Have a great week!

    Love you!
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better! Yes, it was another Laura...I have too many Laura's in my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GRANZA Inc10:42 AM

    There is a doll named Alise that you may be interested in at www.GrnazaInc.com or AdoptableKinders.com

    ReplyDelete