Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday, February 11, 2008

I couldn’t wait any longer. I called Jesus Good Shepherd this morning to find out if they had started the enrollment process for the 08-09 school year. I did not speak to Ms. Patrick, the principal, but I did speak with her secretary who told me that registration forms went out last week to current students’ parents. She said that the deadline for those forms is February 22nd. She said after that, parents of new students would be contacted and that would probably be the last week in February or first week in March. She asked if we were already registered and I told her that we were. She asked for Alise’s name and found her name on the waiting list. She told us that there would not be a problem and that Alise would get in to Good Shepherd this fall. Relief! I’ve been sweating this since the day after Christmas! Then, of course, my next question was, “Can I pick my daughter’s teacher?” (I was pushing the limits here, I know) The secretary told me that they do not allow parents to select their child’s teacher and I told her, “Well, okay, then. I understand that, but in hopes that you have a great memory when you’re getting ready to assign classes, we would really like to have Ms. Wade.” She laughed and said, “Okay.” I could have gone a lot farther and said, “And please make sure that Allie Alexander and Alise are in the same room,” but I just didn’t go there. I can’t tell you what a load off my mind this whole school business is! But I just knew any day that I would be getting calls from the other schools –who were not my first choices- letting me know that there was an opening and I hadn’t heard from my first choice! They don’t give you very long to say “yah” or “nay” before they scratch your name off and start moving down the list! Now, I need to go by the uniform store and see what the school’s plaid looks like. Of course, if I don’t like it, I may just have to convince the PTO to change plaids. Ha, ha! I’m so full of myself. I know that the school colors are red, white and navy blue (Just had to throw that word “navy” in there or you’d see Alise as the American flag!!). Can you just see my baby girl in a red polo shirt and navy shorts? I could just cry right now! Wayne is still hoping (beyond all hope) that River Oaks will decide to have a PreK-3 class next year, but I don’t see it happening.

I have been busy tonight putting Alise’s name on all her Valentine’s for school on Thursday. I bought her a plastic Valentine bucket at Wal-mart for a dollar to carry all her Valentines in. Tomorrow night, I have to make cupcakes. Wednesday night, I have to ice them, as well as get all her little Valentine suckers that I made bagged up and tied with a red ribbon and stuck in the Chic-fil-a Valentine cards! I also have to get Allie and Emma’s Valentine gifts (cupcake cups that I bought at Target) bagged up and ready. So much to do!!

Alise had her first little heart break last night at church. I had gone to Wal-mart in Bastrop to shop groceries and since I didn’t get back in time, Wayne took Alise back up to the church with him to get things ready for the Lord’s Supper. Alise ended up on the playground with the rest of the kids her age and when Wayne went to get her to go home, she was upset. Obviously, they talked on the way home and Alise told her Daddy that Mallory was mean to her on the playground. She told him that Mallory had told her that she wasn’t a “big girl.” Oh, it just broke my heart!! I was ready to tell Mallory a thing or two! So, I just hugged her and told her that she was a big girl and we listed all the things she could do now that she was a big girl. That made her feel better and she forgot all about the playground incident.

I went to see my Grandmother this morning and I couldn’t believe what I saw! She was actually sitting up on the side of the bed and the therapists were helping her swing her legs back and forth. Such a change from this time last week! She is still wearing the oxygen mask, but she looks so much better. Thank you for your prayers.

Alise woke up this morning with the croup. I figured she was going to catch whatever it was that Allie had this weekend. I noticed she had an asthma/congested cough Saturday when we were playing outside. I gave her some medicine, but she really looked like she didn’t feel good today. I don’t know if it’s because she stayed up until 10:30 last night (we could NOT get her to go to sleep!!) or if she really felt that bad. I sent her medicine to school and told her not to get too hot today. I thought about the two of us skipping today, but I needed to go in to work because of month end. I figured that if she got too bad, her teachers would call me. They never did.

We resumed gymnastics tonight after missing two weeks for bad behaviour. Ms. SueAnn had the flu, so we had a sub. Alise did rather well, I was proud of her. She can turn a flip on the bar now without anyone helping her. I think I stood there for about 15 minutes while she did flips on the bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment