Saturday, February 02, 2008

February 3, 2008

Here is Alise's birthday dress that I bought at Walmart.
Here is the blue dress that I bought at Strasburg in Baton Rouge last week.

Okay. I admit it. Yes, I did get a ticket last week. And, no, it was NOT a speeding ticket. I got a ticket for an expired inspection sticker. Wayne and I have not been happy with each other ever since it happened. He blames me; I blame him. The fact is, the sticker was out of date and I got caught. And you would be happy to know that I got a new one right after I got the ticket - at the demand of my husband. A word of advice: You do not have a month after the due date to get another sticker like we thought. If your inspection sticker says 12/07, then you have until December 31st to get the new sticker and not until January 31st. The policeman happily pointed that out to me. I haven't called to see how much the ticket is. I'm guessing around $150 bucks. Woe is me. Woe is Wayne!!

Alise popped right out of bed Saturday morning at 6:20 to go with her Nana & Papaw to Conway, Arkansas to go to Brooklyn's birthday party. Since I didn't go, I don't have pics from the party. Mom took her camera, so I'll try and get copies of hers. From what Alise has told me, she had a great time at the "Hannah Montana" birthday party. She told me that she and Brooklyn were sweet and that they played together with no fussing.

Wayne and I almost didn't know how to act Saturday without Alise home. After she left at 7:00, I went back to bed and slept until 9:30. Wayne stayed up and did a few things around the house. After I woke up, we took a ton of trash to the dump and ended up seeing Donna and Steve at one of the BellSouth huts they mow close to our house. We pulled over and talked to them for over an hour. To my disappointment, we didn't end up going over to Shreveport to go to Superior Grill. We ended up at our old stand-by, Chili's. We ended up sitting in the bar area so that Wayne could watch the Alabama v. LSU basketball game, but they had Direct TV instead of Dish and so they couldn't find the game on TV. We ended up watching Texas Tech and Oklahoma State. We both ate so much that we were absolutely miserable!! Wayne wanted to go to the "Motorcycle Shop" to look for a new helmet, so I got him to drop me off at Hobby Lobby. All the food must have went to my head, because I bought all the stuff to make Alise's birthday invitations. What was I thinking? I think I'll be taking all that back. I ended up finding some that I liked on-line later tonight. I also got about 15 Valentine Day candy suckers made for Alise's class. I'll have to make the other 15 next weekend. They really weren't has hard to make as I thought they would be! I might do another design for St. Patrick's Day.

This afternoon, Alise and I went to Claudia-Kate's birthday party. She was so tired that I don't think she was much in to partying. She was perfectly content with playing in Claudia's bedroom and with her toys. She did manage to come out of hiding long enough to watch Claudia blow out her candles. The food was delicious!! Mr. Junior did great with the potato salad and brisket. It was so good!! I'll try and post pictures later this week.

This morning, we celebrated "Day of Champions" at church and the guest speaker was Rudy Neiswanger who is the center for the Kansas City Chiefs. Wayne was like a kid in a candy store!! He was so excited about getting to wear his Alabama coach's shirt and talk to the ex-LSU star. He waltzed right up to Rudy and said something about Alabama and Rudy replied, "Yeah, we beat Alabama 4 out of the 5 times we played them." I laughed. Then, Wayne asked him, "What's it like to take the snap from an Alabama quarterback?" Rudy said, "I don't have a problem with it. Brody Croyle is a good guy." Rudy was very nice and he had a great testimony. He did a really good job!

We're going to spend the rest of the night watching the Super Bowl and try to pacify a two year old that hasn't had a nap in the last two days! Wayne is on his way to the grocery store and to pick up a pizza for us for supper.

3 comments:

  1. Both dressed are so pretty!!! She's going to look precious in them! She might need a new bracelet or two to go with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant dresses!! I can't type!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a good job on the dresses - very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete