Friday, February 29, 2008

February 29, 2008

I thought I would blog today because, after all, it will be another four years before I am able to blog on February 29th again.

Well, it didn't happen. Leigh and I didn't get to see "The Other Boleyn Girl." So disappointing. I've been moping around all day. Leigh emailed Tinseltown (one of our local movie theater chains) and they responded back to say that Sony Pictures did not release the movie to the Monroe Market. Now, if Cullman, Alabama can get the movie, why can't Monroe, Louisiana? Go figure. Amie emailed me at work and said it sounded like a girl road trip to her! Sounds good to me!

Alise is grounded from the zoo tomorrow. She has been the sweetest thing ever since Tuesday. I'm talking saying "yes, ma'am", "please", "I love you," "thank you" the works. Well, I knew it was all bound to catch up with her. She wigged out tonight at the mall over riding the train. It was fifteen minutes before the mall closed and the person who operates the train just came back from a break. I don't think she really wanted to let Alise on, but she did and I think she ticked Alise off by maybe telling her what car to get in or something because Alise went running off to leave. When we began leaving the mall, she wigged out because she wanted to go back and ride and I told her it was too late. She lost it! I mean screaming, stomping her feet, laying out in the middle of the mall. By the time we got to Sears, I was beginning to loose it and I told her that if she kept it up, she wouldn't be going to the zoo tomorrow. Well, you know what happened. We had to listen to it all the way home. I was so disappointed in her.

When I woke Alise up this morning, I noticed there was a spot of blood around her pillow area again. I thought, "Oh, no! Not the ear again!" Well, it's an ear, but it's not the same ear. So I had to spend a while cleaning it out this morning and started the drops again. I'm not sure how much of the medicine I'm actually getting in to the ear because Alise won't leave her head down long enough for the medicine to go down. She started hollering this morning from the living room, "Mom!! My medicine's coming out!"

Alise's birthday supplies that I ordered on Tuesday came in today. She couldn't wait for me to open the box. I must say, I even liked the plates and napkins. The whole poodle theme is growing on me (but don't tell Alise). And the poodle purses are adorable!!! So cute! Now, all I have left to do is find the invitations (I didn't like the ones at Birthday Express) and decide on how I want the cake to look. This will probably be the cheapest birthday party we've ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment