Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I’m sorry that it’s been so long that I’ve written. I’ve just been SO busy! I know that I’ve been off work for a couple of days, but I still didn’t get everything done around the house like I had planned to. The front of the house looks good, but the back is a disaster area!!

For starters, Alise’s chance for wearing “big girl panties” to bed for the first time didn’t work. She was in such a good mood last night after coming home from my parent’s that I thought I would surprise her by asking her if she wanted to forgo the nightly pull up for real “bgp” (That and the fact that I was fresh out of pull ups!) Of course, I got a resounding “YES!” But when I went in her room to wake her up this morning, her pajamas and sheets were damp. When I asked her if she had pottyed in her panties, she just grinned. She is not totally to blame. I remember that we didn’t potty before she went to bed last night, so I’ll take the blame. I was SO hoping that I would not have to make another pull up run ever, ever again, but it looks like it ain’t happening! I don’t mean to complain. I am SO proud of her! She is doing great and if it still takes a while for her to get the swing of things at night time, I can handle it!

And let me just say this….I’m not one to really follow the movie stars, but when news of them runs on the national evening news, you can’t help but hear it. I have to say that I am so disappointed about Heath Ledger. He was one of those stars that I thought seemed to have it together. I did not watch all of his movies, but I really liked him in “The Patriot” and “The Feather.” It is just so sad. I wish more of today’s “stars” shined more like role models for our children instead of for the awful things this world has to offer.

I hope Donna doesn’t get mad at me, for saying this (after all, I think I’ve given her plenty of time to tell everyone she needs to tell…), but she called on Monday to tell me that Chad and Allison are having a little girl. I am so excited! I haven’t told Alise yet, just because I know she won’t understand until June, when the baby is officially here. But she still talks about Baby Ella (Jill’s baby). Tonight, Alise and I had to go to Target, so we picked up a "prize" for “Baby Robinson.” Maybe this weekend we can take it to Allison and Chad to celebrate the news!

We are going through the “birthday party woes.” At Christmas, my sister-in-law, Misty, told me that she planned to have Brooklyn’s 4th birthday party the first weekend in February (the weekend after Brooklyn’s real birthday). We haven’t gotten an invitation yet and no one in my family has talked to them. On Monday, my friend at work, told me that her granddaughter, Claudia-Kate, is having her birthday the first Sunday in February (Super Bowl Sunday). So, I’m freaking out trying to decide what to do because it is a four and a half hour drive to Arkansas to Brooklyn’s party and we have to go to Claudia’s because she always comes to ours! The only thing I am thankful for right now is that Kelly decided to have Claudia’s on Sunday! So, I called my dad last night and he told me not to worry, that if Brooklyn’s party was on Saturday, they would get up and leave early Sunday morning and make it back for Claudia’s party. If Misty decides to have Brooklyn’s party on Sunday, I don’t know what I’ll do. Does any of that make any sense?

I am still looking on Ebay…notice I said “looking.” I haven’t bought anything since the white beach dress two weeks ago (which I have yet to get in the mail). The three dresses that I’ve put out for auction (I’ve only had time to do three) aren’t doing that well. I’ve got some watchers, but no official bids yet. I did manage to find a pink and white polka dot halter-top style dress for Alise’s birthday party dress. It is very cute and right now, is going for $9.99. There is only one other bidder (I’m just watching now) and there are two days left on the bid. I would really like to get the dress for her birthday party. I will say that the halter-top style dresses will be extremely popular this summer. I’ve already seen them in the stores. Also, the 70’s look is back in, too. A lot of the spring and summer shirts that are coming out have the rainbows and things like that on them. As for Alise’s party, well, she reminds me everyday that she is having a “pink poodle party.” She has been dressing up like Princess Belle lately and so I asked her the other night, “Alise, would you like to have a Belle party for your birthday?” She was quick to answer, “No, moma! I have pink poodle party!” So, I’ve started saving my money to be able to afford all those pink poodle purses I’m gonna hafta buy!! I’ll probably buy all the supplies off www.birthdayexpress.com in late March. If we decide to have her party at the church playground, then I think we might have hotdogs and make it a lunch-time birthday party. I’m still thinking about it; we’ll see.

January 26 may not mean anything to most of you, but to me, it means the end to life as Alise and I have come to know it…at least for the last four months, that is! THE END OF HUNTING SEASON!!! I told Wayne, “Do not pass go, do not collect $200, gather up ALL your hunting stuff and come home!!!” Do you know what he had the audacity to ask me? He said, “Well, what about my annual fishing trip?” I told him, “Son, the only fishing trip you’re going to be going on is a trip next door to finish that rent house!!!” His “honey-do” list is ten miles long and the saddest part is, he doesn’t even know it!

Still no word from any of the schools we’re waiting to hear from to see if Alise will be admitted for the fall. I asked a friend last night if she had heard anything about River Oaks going ahead with a PreK-3 program next year and she said that is still looks like a no.

Alise and I have no plans for the weekend except maybe for a trip to the library. The Mardi Gras parade is in town, but we have no intentions of going near that thing!! I would love to plant some pansies, but I’m wondering if it’s too late to do that? Oh, well, scratch that. I think it’s suppose to rain all weekend.

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You work with Ms. Louise Bond? I go to church with her!

    ReplyDelete