Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Alise has not been acting very well at school. Ms. Gloria will never give me the whole story...she normally laughs it off, but when I picked her up on Wednesday, she told me that Alise was "better than yesterday." So naturally, I had to ask about Tuesday. It seems she has gotten in the habit of telling her teachers, "no." So I called Wayne - who had had a horrible day at work - and told him how she had acted. Of course, that didn't make his day any better, but he had a good talk with her before bedtime and gave her two licks with the wooden spoon. We both told her that if she didn't act better today that she could not go to her Nana's on Friday night to spend the night. I asked Ms. Gloria today how she acted and she said that "she was better, but I had to remind her alot." Ugh!! What is wrong with her? Why can't she be a sweet, little girl? She's gonna get kicked out of school next year!

Speaking of school, we still have not heard anything from Jesus the Good Shepherd (where we're hoping Alise will go to PreK-3 this fall). Allie's mom, Maria, was dropping Allie off at the same time I was dropping Alise off this morning, I asked her if she had heard anything from the school (Allie and Alise will be going to JGS together). She said, "No, but I called them. They are scheduling orientation sometime around March or April." About that time, Lori, Emma's mother walked up, and I had to rush out because I had an eye doctor's appointment at 8:00. But March or April? I can't wait that long to find out if Alise is going to get in!! I've got to have a plan!! I've got to know where she'll be going to school before then!! Maria acts very confident that Allie is in. Maybe she has a connection that I don't know about, but until I get the call that says, "Ms. Horton, we have an opening for Alise," I'm not counting my chickens just yet. Besides, other schools will be calling I need to be able to tell them no, that they can give Alise's spot to someone else. Ugh!! I'll given them until the first of February and if I haven't heard from them, I'll call.

Lucky me! I'm off work on Monday and Tuesday of next week to celebrate my birthday! My original plans were to take tomorrow and Monday, but we've got some training going on right now for some new budget software at work (Leigh, tell David to get ready!!). They are suppose to leave tomorrow around 2:00, so I'm hoping to get away soon after that. I've made a list of all the things that I want to get done those two days...some fun things, some not so fun (like cleaning), but thank goodness I don't have to go to work!! Yes!

Mirya and I have been "ebaying it" again. We've both been looking for beach dresses for the girls for when we take our beach vacation in September. We both found one. I tried to post a copy of my dress, but the picture is protected. I paid $10.85 for my dress including shipping. It's white, sleeveless, with a croached (sp?) bodice. I hope it's a pretty as the picture! I'm still in search of an Easter dress and that's one of the things on my to do list is to get some of Alise's clothes from last year out there on Ebay so I can build myself up a little nest egg, or "stash" as I like to call it, to buy other things. (By the way, Mirya, the pink paris dress you sent me this past Saturday is now going for $34!!)

Alise's favorite phrase this week is "how 'bout dat?" She'll say something and then add that little phrase at the end of it. It's too cute. I think she got it from Ms. Sandy at school. Also, all she talks about is her pink poodle party. I made the mistake of telling her that I was going to have my birthday at church. I said that so she would know that my birthday was Sunday. She has a hissy fit and said, "NO! (there's that word again!) I was NOT having my party at church because SHE was having HER birthay party at church!!" There ya go! I guess it's official, but what on earth am I going to do if it rains? Anyway, I'm trying to talk up Brooklyn's birthday. She'll be going with my mom and dad to her birthday party the first weekend of February. It's time to have back-to-back birthday parties to go to like we did last year! Ugh!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I got Katie's beach dress in today and she loves it. It also comes with a white bow head band. I can't wait! How many more days are left on the Paris dress? I thought there were a few more days left on it and I can't get over that it's already at $34. I think I'm putting Katie in a cute sun dress or birthday t-shirt this year. I understand about the continued trouble twos. They are angels one minute and the next your ready to scream. Katie's been pushing my buttons for days now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to tell David!! Maybe I'll see him in the hallway. I never see him anymore. Did you know he has a new baby boy??

    ReplyDelete