Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sunday, January 13, 2008






Where in the world has the weekend gone? Before I knew it, I was waking up from our weekly Sunday afternoon nap with a migraine headache and it was 3:00!!

By the way, I didn't get very far with "High School Musical" Friday night. I watched the first 15 minutes and decided that I wasn't in the mood for a bunch of dancing and singing. It may be a cute show, but I just couldn't get interested.

On Saturday morning, I decided that I really wanted to get my car washed. Alise really just wanted to stay home, but I think when I told her that we didn't have to go to school, she was ready to do anything. We made it to Happy Days and the whole car wash drama really impressed her. I propped her up on the window ledge and we watched all the vehicles go by. She pointed our car out and stared as it went through the wash. After that, we went to the Children's Corner to see what new Easter and spring dresses they had out. I didn't see anything that I really liked, but the sales clerk told me that they would be getting alot more things in. I said I would check back in a few weeks. I just wasn't ready to go home, so we went to my favorite place, Target, and killed about an hour in there. Alise showed me some things (everything) that she wanted for her birthday. We looked at toys, bathing suits, and flip flops - which I was very surprised that she wanted because I couldn't get her to wear them last summer. Then we went to the library to pick up her teddy bear that we left on Thursday night and headed home for lunch and a nap.

Grandma Ruth came over Saturday afternoon and spent a few hours with us. She brought oranges and two huge boxes of Wayne's old story books. Alise and her daddy had fun emptying the boxes and looking at the books. She was most impressed with a case of old Lincoln logs. It was so late by the time that we ate supper, that Wayne promised that he would show her how they "worked" today. She also liked playing with an old tractor that Ruth brought. Wayne said that he doesn't remember it and I couldn't remember if his mom said it was his or his dad's. Anyway, Wayne and I both tripped over it about three times last night! It's so unusual to see a "boy toy" in the house, but she loved it.

This morning we decided to take Alise back to church even though she still had black eyes. We were hounded with questions about what had happened. I was quite nervous because a doctor couple had Alise for children's church and I was afraid they would ask questions and maybe even become suspicious about the accident. Dr. Green looked at me pretty hard, but I just moved on with life. I did make the mistake of letting Alise see me when I returned the beeper after church and she had a meltdown to come with me into the nursery during Sunday School. I got a full taste of what it would be like to have two children and there is no way I am ready for that! Alise was constantly under foot and when I changed a baby boy's diaper, she climbed up in the chair beside me to watch the whole process. I just knew I was gonna get the question, "What's that?!" I'm not ready for that, either! She is just now beginning to understand the difference between boys and girls. She understands that she and I are girls and daddy is a boy. We ate lunch at Red Lobster and Alise barely touched her food. We took a nap and then they dropped me off at the grocery store so I could pick up a few things for the week, while Wayne took Alise to Pet Co to get an algae-eating fish for her fish tank. So, now we are blessed with "Baby Fish" and "Cinderella #10".

Have a good week! We're headed back to gymnastics tomorrow night.

1 comment:

  1. CresceNet12:27 PM

    Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

    ReplyDelete