Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday, January 19, 2008


Here is a pic I snapped last week when Alise got Katie's thank you card in the mail. She loves to get things in the mail.

Nana & Papaw brought Baby Girl home around noon today after they took her to McDonald's for lunch. She told them that she didn't want to come home. That kinda made me feel bad, but when she ran towards me with this huge grin on her face, I knew better! I really had missed her! After our nap, we watched the Wizard of Oz. There is a story behind the WOO, but I'm not quite sure what it is. i don't know how Alise became so mesmerized with this movie, but for the last week, that's all she's talked about...Dorothy and Toto! I think she must have seen it when Brooklyn was in one time and now she is obsessed with the movie. My mom went and bought it so that she and Alise could watch it. I know that me and Alise alone watched it twice this afternoon! She specifically asks that you fast-forward through the "witch parts." So it looks like she has become a true fan!

This afternoon - in between WOO - I was able to box up some of Alise's clothes. I'm talking her newborn, 3-6 months and up! Yes, I've had these nice church dresses and outfits still hanging in her closet, but it was beginning to get quite cramped, so I decided to go ahead and box them up. The point I wanted to make is that I got Alise to try on her smocked monkey dress and "cinderella" dress from last year and they still fit! They are not too short right now. So, I think I have decided that I am not going to get her an Easter dress this year. She also has two 3T dresses that I bought last year that she can wear, so that should do her through the spring and summer (for church). Also, Kohl's has got some really cute spring and summer mix-match capris, shorts, and shirts! This week they were on sale for two for $10 so I picked up two sets. I also went to Gymboree because I had gymbucks to use and got her a few things to start spring in (two pairs of pants/leggins that I saw at Gymboree were at Kohl's much cheaper!). But right now, with the weather being so cold, who even wants to think about summer time?

Just when we thought Alise's face and bruises were beginning to look better, she went and had another accident. This one happened at Nana & Papaw's this morning. Apparently, she hit her head on the edge of their desk. The bruise and goose egg is on the right side of her forehead, but it is hidden under her hair. Ugh! My daddy made the comment that he thought Alise was growing because he said that she has acted so clumsy all weekend. I had the same thoughts lately, too. It seems that lately, she has just been running into walls and falling down for no apparent reason. I think I've noticed her getting taller. I can tell it in her clothes and she looks to be slimming up a little bit, too.

1 comment:

  1. I hope Alise likes her poodle pillow/blanket. Don't feel bad, we're going through the bumps and bruises as well. I'm waiting for the black eyes.

    ReplyDelete