Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday, January 11, 2008

Last night I insisted that we get Alise out and go out for supper (because there was/is nothing to eat at our house. I see another grocery shopping trip in my near future!). The poor thing has been locked up in the house all week because of her bruised face. I called the library and as luck would have it, “pajama jam” was happening at 6:30, so we hurried home, got a quick bath and headed up to the library. You could tell Alise was so glad to be out of the house! She was all over the place…coloring at the tables, listening to the music robot with the headphones, taking books off the shelves, working puzzles, and hollering “Moma” the whole time. While she was listening to stories, I made it over to the front desk to pay my library fine. It was $15.30! Ugh! But I found some DVDs and books for her and also some books on DVD that she would like in the car. We met Wayne back at the house so that we could all ride together to Applebee’s. Alise really wanted a McDonald’s hamburger, but when I explained that she could get a hamburger at the restaurant, she was okay with that. The food was horrible. That was the second time in a row that we had eaten at Applebee’s and it was so bad. So, we won’t be going back for a while. Trust me. Her face is beginning to look better. It seems like the black eyes are lightening up, but now the bruise between her eyes is darkening.

My newest issue is Alise’s appetite. First of all, it’s breakfast. Alise normally eats a small honey bun and drinks chocolate milk for breakfast. Well, I know that gets old, but because we don’t have any food in our house, the honey buns were eaten up a long time ago and I’ve been trying to get her to eat a sausage and biscuit or mini pancakes with syrup, but she won’t touch it. She ate yogurt covered raisins for breakfast this morning. I really want Alise to get in the habit of eating something nutritious for breakfast so that’s on my agenda next week, but I don’t think it’s going to go over too well. Second of all, it’s supper. I have always had a juice cup and a simple snack for Alise to eat on the way home to tide her over until we eat supper. Now, she eats her snack and barely touches her food at supper time, so it looks like I am going to have to cut out the evening snacks, too! Needless to say, she hasn’t been eating like she normally does. She barely touched her hamburger last night and she acted like she was starving to death before we got there! I’m thinking maybe that it’s the on-set of a growing spurt. I’ve noticed that some of her shirts are beginning to get a little short…not showing her belly or anything like that, but they are not as long as they once were. I’m thinking it was about February last year that she took a really big growing spurt. We still have not had the first accident since wearing big girl panties to school for the first time last Wednesday. Her teachers are so proud of her!!

On the way home from that horrible place last night, we stopped at the movie store. Wayne suggested – since he was going BACK to the camp this weekend – and wouldn’t be home until late Saturday night – that I get some movies that I wanted to see. I’ve been wanting to get interested in Grey’s Anatomy, simply because that’s all anybody ever talks about. My best friend, Leigh, watches it, and she’s even talked about how good it is. The movie store down from our house only has seasons two and three; they don’t even own season one, so I opted out of that and decided to get “High School Musical” to find out what all the hoopla was about. Don’t laugh! I can’t wait for Alise to get in the bed tonight! I also got the latest Ben Stiller movie about marrying the girl that turns into the wicked witch, but I can’t remember the name of it right now.

Alise and I don’t have anything planned for tomorrow. We’ve both been counting down the days until it was “play day” again. I would love to go get my car cleaned and drop in another local children’s boutique to look for an Easter dress, but I’ve been wondering if it’s worth us both getting out of our pajamas tomorrow at all? I would love to lay around all day and watch movies, but I know that’s not going to happen. There are 50,000 loads of clothes to wash and fold!

Alise is going with her Nana & Papaw the weekend of February 2nd to go to Brooklyn’s birthday party. Now that she’s potty trained, they want to take her everywhere! I haven’t decided if I am going to go…of course, I wasn’t invited. Moma and Daddy just said they were going to take her with them. Sounds good to me. Maybe that weekend, I’ll finish up on my cleaning and throwing away stuff.

I was hanging up Alise's jacket earlier tonight in her closet and noticed that her Christmas dress and her monkey dress from last summer were hanging side by side. I noticed that they were the same length. So I got the Cinderella dress that I mentioned last time and held it up next to the other two dresses and it was about the same length. As long as she doesn't take a big "getting taller" spurt, she might be able to wear some of the same dresses she had last year. That would be very fortunate, wouldn't it? Speaking of dresses, I am considering getting the orange pumpkin apron dress that is on sale right now at Orient Express for this fall. I thought it would be so cute with a white Peter pan collared blouse under it.

Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I'm corrupting you with Gray's!! Sorry! I have season one, well, I own it. Staci has it. I'll get it back from her and let you watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am completely OBSESSED with Grey's! Since I work late on Thursdays I have to tape it and watch it when I get home. If you go to www.surfthechannel.com you can watch all the past seasons on there for free!!! That's how I got caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Grey's as well, but I'm not able to watch it all the time. The movie with Ben Stiller is "Heartbreak Kid." Beware, this movie maybe funny but the content and language is awful. Don't watch it around Alise. Happy Hunting!

    ReplyDelete