Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I thought I would include a picture of Alise's Christmas tree. Please excuse the mess. She did a great job decorating.

Alise's constipation troubles started on Sunday (She's going to kill me one day for sharing so much information!). We were decorating the trees and Alise started holding her bottom and shrieking in pain. She kept saying, "My booty hurt! My booty hurt!" After about two hours, Wayne was finally able to get her to go to the bathroom but it was an ordeal indeed! I felt so sorry for her because she knew she needed to go to the bathroom and had big girl panties on. She would get on the potty, sit a few seconds and then hop off again in pain. I finally put a pullup on her and told her that it was okay if she needed to go to the bathroom in her pullup. That didn't work, either, but luckily, Wayne was able to get her to go.

The daycare called me at 9:30 this morning and Alise was shrieking in the background. Sandy told me that she thought Alise was constipated and that she was doubled over in pain. I immediately left work to pick her up, but by the time I got there, she had had another BM and Sandy told me from the looks of the diaper that she was indeed constipated. Alise probably could have stayed at school, but she was so upset that I decided to go ahead and take her home for the day. I had called Dr. Stanley's nurse on the way to the daycare, but I had to leave a voice mail message. Alise and I headed straight to Walmart so that I could talk to the pharmacist and get some advice on what I needed to do because like I said we had never had this problem before. The pharmacist suggested I give Alise 1 teaspoon of milk of magnesia to get her bowels moving again. We bought that, some apple juice (I just couldn't do the prune juice thing), and a new book. I got out of Walmart as soon as I could because it was getting so busy! Alise and I finished putting the ornaments on the Christmas tree in the living room, watched movies, colored, and took a nap together. Dr. Stanley's nurse called me back around noon and told me that the magnesia would just give Alise stomach cramps, so I needed to try a new over-the-counter medicine on the market called Miralax. You use to have a presciption to get it. I had never heard of it, but I was able to find some at our local Fred's and gave Alise some around 3:00. Around 5:00, she went to the bathroom again without any troubles. No crying. I was so glad. I'm not sure if it was the milk of magnesia or the Miralax, but something is working! I just don't think I could bear for her to suffer anymore. So, hopefully, our life is back to normal and Alise can return to school tomorrow.

There was yet another birthday invitation in Alise's locker this morning at school. This invitation was for Ella's birthday, but the party is in Ruston. I'm not quite sure exactly where the party is - maybe a bakery, but I didn't recognize the name - but everyone is going to decorate cookies and their own cake. I thought it was such a neat idea and I think Ella's mom did the invitations herself and they were so cute! Anyway, I think I am going to take Alise (I can't believe I am going to drive 50-something miles for a birthday party!) because Ella's mom told me that she was only invitating three or four little girls, so I would feel absolutely horrible if NOBODY showed up for Ella's party. I'll be sure to take my camera!

Michael and Brooklyn are coming in this Sunday so Michael and Daddy can go hunting. Alise is so excited about Brooklyn coming! We ran in to my mom at the post office this afternoon and Alise said, "Nana, where is Bookie?" Nana had to explain to her that it will be a few more days until she gets to her house.

No comments:

Post a Comment