Saturday, December 29, 2007

Saturday, December 29, 2007

ROLL TIDE!!

We just got back from going out to eat with Donna and Steve at The Outback. They took Alise home with them to spend the night so that she could go to her Grandma Horton's tomorrow for Christmas. She'll spend the night tomorrow night at Nana & Papaw's. On our way to West Monroe tonight, we saw the ULM v. Bama billboard that the ULM alumni managed to put up. It is on I-20 right before you get to St. Francis...just past the Civic Center exit on the left side of the westbound lane. So sad. All I could do was sigh. There were several groups of Bama fans in the restaurant. For a brief moment, I felt like I was back in Tuscaloosa! Wayne even got a "Roll Tide" out of some of the guests!

Between the two of us, I'm the one that it most excited about the game tomorrow night. As I write, Wayne is asleep on the couch. He is sick. He went to the doctor on Thursday and was diagnosed with a sinus infection, was given scripts and two shots, but that didn't keep him from going to the camp last night and hunting today. I told him he better get to feeling better real quick! I just went into Alise's closet and pulled out my pom-poms and car flag. I found my warm leather gloves, but I have yet to find my insulated underware. I still can't decide how many pairs of socks I need to wear and whether I should wear tenny shoes or my black boots. I'm debating on sticking my elepant pin over the emblem of my browning goose down coat that I plan to wear. Why all this preparation? The low tomorrow night is 38 degrees and the game starts at 7:00. I can't wait!! We plan to leave at 9:00 in the morning, eat lunch at Ralph & Kacku's and then head to Youree Street for some shopping until game time. But Wayne and I both agreed that it's just not the same without Doug and Mirya with us this year!

You can go to www.shreveporttimes.com for Independence Bowl information. I found out that Colorado brought "Ralphie" the bull and school mascot with them!

The three of us are heading to the camp around lunch time on Monday morning (gasp!). Yes, I promised Wayne that we would spend New Year's Eve there. What was I thinking? I think alot of the other camps are getting together to cook and shoot fireworks so Alise will love that. This will be my first and last trip for the year.

Hope everyone has a great 2008!!

No comments:

Post a Comment