Saturday, November 24, 2007

Saturday, November 25, 2007

Alise did absolutely wonderful today at Spoiled Rotten when we went to visit Santa this morning. When we first got there, Santa was just finishing up with an older brother and sister and she began backing up. I thought, "Oh, no! This is not going to work." I took her singing Rudolph (who I am about ready to throw in the trash!!) out of her bag and asked if she wanted to show it to Santa. She nodded yes without even taking her eyes off him. Santa finally coaxed her toward him and noticed the Santa face on her blue jumper. He managed to get her on his lap by asking her to turn around so he could see if his face was on the back of her dress, too. She actually sat on his lap, but it took us a while to finally get a smile out of her! The photographer let me see the picture in his camera and it was really good, so I ordered 2 5X7's and some wallets. Get ready all you Christmas card people! You'll all be getting a book of Alise photos with your card this year!

If I had known that Alise needed about three or four days to be potty trained, I would have gladly taken off work myself to do it. We had no accidents today except during naptime. I wasn't around, but Wayne said that she woke up with a wet pull up. Other than that, Alise has used the potty all day. Speaking of potty training and Santa, while I was filling out the paper work for the pictures, Alise was standing beside me and I said, "Lee-Lee, you need to go tell Santa that you've been using the potty." Well, Santa had a break because no one was behind us in line and he heard what I said. He said, "Come here, Alise! Come tell me your news!" She walked slowly toward him and said really low, "I pooh-pooh'ed in the potty!" Santa was great! He played off the whole thing telling her what a good girl she was and how she needed to keep doing so well. I was so thankful! Now it makes what I've been telling her all along really sound like the truth! But the whole potty training is so tiresome. You're constantly watching what she drinks, how much she drinks, whether or not she goes hide somewhere or goes off by herself and every thirty minutes asking, "Do you need to go tee-tee?"

I left my cellphone at Hobby Lobby today. Wayne had called me while I was in that store and I put my phone back in the basket and I forgot to take it out when I checked out. Needless to say, I didn't realize it until about two and a half hours later and I had to go all the way back to West Monroe to retrieve my phone. Anyway, just about all their Christmas items were on sale at 50% off! People were buying trees like crazy!

Wayne surprised us this morning by sneaking up and me and Alise while I was in the shower. So he watched her this afternoon while I ran some errands and had some time to myself. He took her to a local hunting good store and bought her a pink and white camoflauge fleece jacket. It is so cute! I asked him if he let Alise pick out the color and he said yes. He wanted to get her a browning jacket, but they didn't have them in her size. Thus the Columbia jacket. He wanted to buy her a jacket she could "put on easy."

We're disappointed about the Alabama/Auburn game. The whole family was decked out in their crimson garb. We're just hoping for a bowl bid now! Wayne thinks they may make it to the Liberty Bowl and I asked him if we could go. He said, "Probably not." We'll discuss it. Wouldn't it be great if they got another bid for the Independence Bowl? Oh, Toni....

No comments:

Post a Comment