Saturday, November 10, 2007

Saturday, November 10, 2007

What was I thinking? What an experience! Poor Baby Girl had to get 5 shots today. Don't ask me what they were because I have no idea. I know one was the small pox vaccine and then I also signed her up for the flu shot. Don't say it, because trust me, I felt absolutely horrible! I was crying right along with her! I vowed right then and there as she was howling and crying that I would NEVER get behind on her vaccinations again!! I was so thankful that she didn't get mad at me. All she kept saying was, "Moma, she hurt me! She hurt me!" Try explaining the reason for vaccinations to a two year old!! We were walk-ins (because I could never get anyone to return my call to make an appointment), and I nearly died when I saw all the people in the waiting room! And we got there at 9:15!!! We waited for two hours! A family that walked in after we did, got their shots and left and Alise and I were still waiting with our forms in our hands. Finally, I went to the nurses' station and asked how much longer...that people were leaving who had gotten there after us. The nurse came back, saying that the shot nurse was drawing the vaccine right then. We waited another ten minutes and finally Alise's name was called. They were not very efficient, that's for sure!! By the time we got back to the room, I was frustrated and Alise was ready to head to the park. After talking to another mom who had the same doctor as we do, I decided to back off the flu shot. She said Dr. Stanley recommends not getting the flu shot with the usual vaccinations because it just makes the kids feel horrible. Great! But the nurse ended up talking me into it and so far, Alise has been fine today. She's complained about her legs, but I think they are just sore from the shots. I think she may have been running a little fever after she woke up from her nap, but other than that, she's been fine. I've been giving her baby aspirin. Like I said, it was an experience!

After the shot ordeal, Alise and I headed to the park. We stayed about an hour before it got too crowded. We didn't make it to the Biedenharn Museum. We then went to McDonald's, ate lunch, which included a hot fudge sundae. Then we went to the library, paid library fines, got books and DVDs and headed home for a nap. Uncle Steve and Aunt Donna came by for a visit this afternoon. Alise had to show them her three Charlie Brown bandaids. They couldn't get over how tall she had gotten.

How 'bout the Crimson Tide?! Another loss. How disappointing. We were hoping for another win. But the highlight of our night was when Wayne was on the phone with his hunting buddy Robbie and Alise told him on the phone, "Uncle Robbie, Roll Tide!!"

I saw my first Christmas commercial of the season tonight. It was a commercial for Afflac that had Rudolph and all his friends in it. Alise went nuts over it!! "Moma, Moma! Rudolph!"

Catch Today's special value on QVC!! It's Bare Escentuals and a very good deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment