Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday, October 26, 2007

Alise is on the list for Grace Episcopal School's prek-3 program for the 2008-2009 school year. Now, whether she will be admitted is a different story. My first choice for schools changes every hour, so we'll just have to see what (and if) anything happens. I'm really doing some praying about all this.

I spent the last day of my week-long vacation at the mall shopping for myself. Something I haven't got to do in a while. I did manage to run into the Children's Place and Alise racked up in there, but other than a Princess cookie from GACC, that's all she got. I even got a pedicure this afternoon and squeezed in an hour nap before I had to leave and pick her up from school.

Tonight, I took Alise to see her Grandma Horton. She's been talking about the visit for the last two days and I must say that she was a very good little girl. Wayne & Chad, who were on their way to the camp for the night, met up with us and we all went to eat supper at the fish house in Kilbourne. I figured Alise would be out the minute we pulled out of the parking lot, but would you believe that little booger stayed awake all the way home and watched Snow White? I couldn't believe it! And that included a detour back to Bastrop from Collingston because there was a bad wreck in Collingston and the roads were blocked off. She didn't finally fall asleep tonight until around 10:30. I'm praying she sleeps late in the morning!

Tomorrow, Alise and I are paying another visit to the pumpkin patch. I want to get a really good picture of her in her smocked pumpkin dress with all the pumpkins (If there are any left). I'm hoping she will cooperate. Then, today, as I was filling out the application form at Grace, the secretary told me that the school is having their annual Fall Festival tomorrow from 11:00 to 3:00. I am thinking about taking Alise. She will be so pumped about getting her face painted again!

There was a notice in Alise's locker this afternoon that school pictures will be November 1st. I'm thinking, who in the world scheduled that photo session? Who in their right mind would have scheduled 1 and 2 year old's pictures the day after an "all nighter sugar high"? What were they thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment