Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Have I told you lately how much I LOVE my new laptop? It is so smooth! I stayed up until midnight last night watching the LSU game and surfing on the internet. Mostly, I was listing some new items to sell on Ebay. I still haven't finished listing everything that I wanted to, but I got most of the Halloween and Christmas items out there for bid. Actually, I already have two sold...at the starting price that I asked for and lots of watchers. I listed these items for 7 days instead of 5 this time, mostly because I just get a kick out of watching the doppler to see how many are watching, who's bidding, etc. Too much fun!

Actually, I'm hoping to make some money from my Ebay sales to support my new mission. This morning at church, Katelyn Pryor had on a maroon and white gingham smocked dress with footballs. I fell in love!! I have no idea where Missy got the dress, but I plan to ask her. Anyway, I've been all over the internet today in search of that dress!! I found a cheerleader smocked dress that is similiar and it was only $9.99 (starting bid), but I really have my heart set on the football dress! I'm sure I'll find one...AFTER the Super Bowl!! By the way, Mirya, if you're reading this, I sent you TONS of cute smocked dresses and outfits today. Check your email!!!

I made two new recipes this weekend. For some reason, I was craving red beans and rice and I am not a RB&R eater. So I got on the internet last week (on my new lap top) and found an easy recipe for "cajun" RB&R. I made it Saturday night. I think Wayne thought it was alright - it had a slight kick to it with the cayene pepper - but I didn't like it. And it made SO MUCH!! My friend, Leigh, suggested that I freeze it. Great idea! Then Wayne could take it to the camp! Then, today, for lunch, I made Coca-Cola bar-b-que chicken. Simple. Easy. 10 to 12 ounces each of coke and catsup and a little chopped up onion. Left it in the crockpot to cook while we were at church. It turned out okay. I think it smelled better than it actually tasted, but it's not something that I am just dying to cook again.

Alise and I start back with gymnastics tomorrow at 5:45. I've been talking it up all day and she saw me getting her bag together with her outfit, so she's excited! I told her that her Nana would be picking her up after school on Tuesday and she was excited about that, too. Moma plans on taking her to the mall to ride the train and the other rides (which we don't normally do), but I didn't go into all that with her. It can just be a surprise when Nana tells her.

Wayne and Alise watched "Toy Story" this afternoon while I straightened up the house. She really likes that movie and even Wayne and I laugh at some of it. It's really cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment