Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday, September 10, 2007

I was reminded today that my little girl is growing up. Of course, she reminds me all the time that she is "not a baby anymore." It just breaks my heart. Tonight, we returned to our gymnastics class..."Mommie and Me" gymnastics (Yes, I get just as much of a work out as she does!). Ms. SueAnn, her teacher, commented that Alise has really gotten taller. Then, one of the dads whose daughter took with Alise last year, commented to me tonight while the kids were in the ball pit that Alise has lost her "baby fat." I started to go off on him, then decided to take it as a compliment instead. Tonight was the first night, that I didn't have to get in the ball pit with Alise. She was running around the gymnasium and in the ball maze as if she had been doing it all her life. She is definitly one of the older kids in the class and I was amazed at how well behaved she was. Of course, I threatened her with her life tonight before we went in. I left work late, so I had to end up changing clothes with Alise at the gym. The dressing rooms are in the "big girls" area and Alise was just amazed with the bigger girls and watching them stretch. She didn't move! On the way to gymnastics, she asked if Katie was going to be there. I think maybe she got Katie mixed up with her friend, Addison. Anyway, I had to explain to her that Katie was in Alabama and she wouldn't be at gymnastics.

Speaking of Alise's friend, Addison, her mom called me tonight and told me that she had signed Addison up for dance instead of gymnastics this year. Tiffany said that she went out and bought all the dance stuff and spent a fortune and last week, all Addison would do is sit in someone's lap or cry. She had no desire to dance. I was like, oh my gosh! I would KILL Alise!!! Tiffany said she felt so bad because she knew that Addison would like gymnastics so much better and she wasted all that money on dance. I just can't imagine!

One more funny story....the other night, and for some crazy reason, Alise told me that she had a baby sister. I said, "You have a baby sister?" "Uh-huh!" she said. I said, "Where is your baby sister?" "I don't know...." "Well, what is your baby sister's name?" She said, "Emie!" I thought that was so cute! (I forgot to tell you that Amie!)(

1 comment: