Friday, September 07, 2007

Friday, September 7, 2007

I hate Wal-mart. I think I hate Wal-mart just as bad as my mother-in-law use to when she ran the hardware store in Oak Grove. Allow me to back up. The last time I went to Wal-mart was the Sunday night before school started. I thought, hey, it's Sunday night....everyone should be at home getting ready for school tomorrow....WRONG!! I bet I waited in line just to check out for thirty minutes!! So, tonight, Alise and Wayne had a daddy-daughter date to Chic-fil-a and the Pet Store. Since I hadn't been to the grocery store in two weeks, I thought I would go tonight while the biggest football game in town was being played (My alamater, Ouachita and Neville). The crowd wasn't too bad, but I purposely parked next to one of those things that you are suppose to return your buggy to. I parked close enough to it that I would have enough room on the other side of the car (the "hoopty" no less) to load all the groceries. Would you believe that someone parked over the yellow line on that side so that I barely had enough room to open the door and load all my $209 dollars worth of groceries in the car!! I was ticked!! I was like, Com'on! Out of all the parking spaces, he chose to nearly block me totally in so that I could barely open either door! There you have it! Another fine reason I don't go to Wal-mart! Not unless it's six o'clock in the morning!!

Alise and Wayne bought more fish for her fish tank tonight. They had the water tested at PetCo and everything checked out fine. Wayne bought four new guppies: a yellow, silvery blue, orange, and I can't remember the other color. He said he was tired of the goldfish. We couldn't keep them alive, anyway. We're just the Horton fish-killers! Anyway, Alise had to tell me all about them tonight when I got home, so the three of us camped out in her room for a while before bedtime and watched the fish. We have another Cinderella and another Mermaid, but she hasn't decided on names for the other two yet (As of this writing and at this very moment, it is 10:06 and I can still hear Alise awake and playing in her bed. Maybe she'll sleep late in the morning!!)

OH! Before I went to Wal-mart tonight (Ugh!), I went to Michael's and used my 40% off coupon on the light up pumpkin that I mentioned a few weeks ago. It was the last one they had and it looked as though somebody may have returned it because the box was all taped up. I started not to get it, but I did. If it doesn't work, I'll just return in. I can't wait to put it together.

Alise wore her cheerleader outfit to school today and was the hit of her class. Apparently, Ms. Kay knew all about Alabama cheers, because when Alise walked in, she started hollering, "I say B/You say A/I say M/You say A!!" Alise said, "She silly, Moma!" We both died laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment