Monday, August 06, 2007

Monday, August 6, 2007

I'm ready to run away! Literally!

Alise woke up at 4:28 this morning hollering for me. She woke me up from my dream about going overseas with Beth Moore. I got out of bed and went and checked on her. She started gathering all her dolls and blankets as if she was going to get in bed with me and her daddy. I told her that she wasn't going to get in bed with us. Well, that's when it all started! I'm pretty sure that the entire neighborhood could hear her screaming, hollering, shouting, coughing, sputtering, and crying. This went on for about 45 minutes. Wayne and I didn't say a word to each other. Personally, I think he slept through the whole thing! Around 5:30 the alarm went off and I couldn't believe that Alise had finally given it up and that I had actually fell back asleep. I finally got her up at 7:00 and she was as happy as a lark. Then we had a meltdown on the way to school. I was so glad to drop her off this morning! Work even sounded good compared to having to put up with her tantrums all day! Whew! I am completely worn out! And to think I cooked a full-course meal tonight, too! Roast in the crock-pot, mashed potatoes, green beans and rolls.

I picked her up and I thought all was well until I told her that she needed to wait long enough for me to get the green beans in the oven before I could play. Well, that was it! She wouldn't hear of it! By the time Wayne got home at 5:45, Alise had been in time out three times and had had three spankings. I just went to my room and layed down on the bed. She is driving me crazy!! Wayne tried to talk to her and we had decided that she would go with him back over to Donna and Steve's tonight and give me a break. As I was fixing her supper to carry with her, she came into the kitchen, put her arms around my legs and said, "I sorry, Mommie." Well, I was sorry, too, but I sure didn't cry this time!!

1 comment:

  1. and to think she was a perfect angel for me friday night! all except the 'you being mean' episode...:)

    ReplyDelete