Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday, August 13, 2007


Last night was Alise's first night in her new "Big Girl Bed." I know I said that we weren't going to do anything until around Labor Day, but Alise's bedding came in on Friday and I was so excited because I love it! I was a little sad at first, but the more Wayne and I talked over the weekend, we just decided to go ahead and do it. I'm not finished decorating her room, but at least the bed is in. We're going in the "fairy" theme for right now. Alise was in love with her new bedding, too. She kept looking at it all weekend. I ended up dragging out the Cinderella toddler bedding that I had bought over a year ago and put it on her bed instead of the bedding that came with the quilt/comforter. She was perfectly happy with that. She calls it her princess bed! So, having said that, Alise did much better than we thought she would. Of course, we talked the whole thing up all day yesterday and she helped me clean the bed with clorox wipes (baby wipes as she calls them). I was getting worried around bed time that we would have a melt down, but she actually went to bed and stayed in it. She did cry for a milk sippy and since it was the first night in her new bed, I thought I would oblige. Then, at 12:47 this morning, Alise woke up crying. She started crying out for her daddy. Wayne went in and checked on her and said that she had fallen out. About twenty mintues of him coming to bed, she cried out again and this time, I went to check on her. I ended up sleeping the next two hours on the rug on the floor of her room. Then, around 2:30, I tried to sneak out and she woke up! Darn! So I ended up letting her in bed with me and Wayne. On the way to school this morning, we talked about how she had to sleep in her big girl bed and not mommie and daddy's bed anymore. She seemed okay with it. As of right now of this posting, bed time hasn't come yet, so we'll see how it goes tonight. I threaten her by telling her that I'll go get her baby bed if she doesn't sleep in her own bed. I'm such a mean mother!

Well, I actually got to use my little Ebay "stash" this weekend when I bidded on and won an Alabama cheerleading outfit in a size 3T. I only paid $28.05 for it, which is nearly half the going rate for a new one! I can't wait to get it in! I know Alyssa will be letting Mallory wear her LSU cheerleading outfit to school any day now, so I hope it comes in pretty quick! Alise won't be dupped by one of her best friends this year!! I've also put some new items of Alise's out on Ebay to sell...hoping to make some more money to buy some other things for Alise. I have not bought her the first thing for fall...not jeans or tops or anything! She's going to be out of luck come the first cool snap we have! Oh, well. She has an Alabama cheerleader outfit!

Our weekend was pretty laid back. Wayne worked on the rent house all weekend and Alise and I played, watched movies, swam and just hung out. We went to eat supper with my parents Saturday night. We went to the library Saturday morning and then to the movie store. I got "The Holiday" and watched it by myself....with no interruptions...and it was great! It was alot better than I thought it would be. I actually got some cleaning done, too.

1 comment:

  1. isn't that the BEST movie ever?! I'm sooo in love with Jude Law!!

    ReplyDelete