Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Alise found herself in "time out" this morning just after being awake ten minutes! For the last two mornings in a row, she has woken up in this terrible mood where she can't make up her mind what she wants for breakfast, what sippy cup she wants, whether she wants something in a bowl or baggy. Then, after you give it to her, she changes her mind, wants the exact opposite and throws a fit. Well, I had had enough today!! I told her to go stand in the corner until she could be a sweet little girl. She went...kickin', hollerin', and screamin' all the way there, but she went! It lasted about five minutes and it was over. I made her apologize to me and for the rest of the morning, she was sweet as pie! Two year olds!! Ugh!!!

Our newest nickname for Alise is "Mermaid" (Which, by the way, Mermaid fish is now dead, too. Alise hasn't noticed!). She had her first swimming lesson tonight at the Natatorium at our local college and did a FABULOUS job! I took pictures, but I didn't load them tonight. I will try and do it tomorrow. She was not the least bit scared of the water. As a matter of fact, she was trying to beat Wayne off from holding her. She kicked her feet and glided with him. Just about the only thing she wouldn't quite do was blow bubbles. Wayne was very mad at me because I forgot Alise's new ear plugs and strap so we couldnt let her get her hair wet. Which was really fine because she told me while we were waiting on her teacher that she didn't want to get her hair and ears wet. She had the best time and didn't want to leave. I tried explaining to her when we were changing her clothes that we would go back to the "big girl pool" next week when we went to see Katie. That sorta worked. McDonalds worked even better. After talking with Alise's teacher, I have decided that I am going to hold off letting Alise wear floaties. Her teacher says that it hinders what they've learned and prolongs the swimming. When we go to Alabama next week, I think I will let Alise have her inflatable ring, but I'm not going to let her have her floaties. She'll only be in the water with me and Wayne and not by herself, so it shouldn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment