Saturday, July 14, 2007

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Whew! Where do I begin? It's been a while since I've blogged, but we have been so busy. We are getting ready for our vacation this week to Alabama. Can you believe that there are only two items left on our to-do list? Today, Wayne and Alise vacuumed and whiped the car out. I cleaned the refrigerator out. All the snacks, DVDs, and extra toys have been bought for the trip. The clothes are pretty much washed. But Wayne still isn't packed! About the only thing left that needs to be done is he needs to get the oil changed before Wednesday.

Will this rain ever stop? This is the second weekend in a row that it's rained. Of course, that didn't stop me and Alise. Lucky for us, Wayne read his email last night and found a 20% off coupon for "Madeline & Mallory's," my favorite children's store in Winnsboro. When he told me that, our day was planned! Alise and I drove all the way to Winnsboro this morning and shopped. She played with the lego table while I shopped and she was the perfect angel! I bought two smocked dresses and two outfits for next year. Then, we went to "Shoe Show" (Daddy's old client while he was on the Winnsboro route) and bought Alise three pairs of shoes and me a pair of flip-flops (of course!)...all for $38!!! I found a knock-off pair of light pink crocs, a pair of knock-off white leather Keds tenny shoes, and for the life of me, I can't remember what the other pair was right at the moment. We had lunch at McDonald's. Alise watched "Cinderella 2" on the way there. That is her new favorite movie!

Alise and her best friend Allie have a love-hate relationship. The other morning, I dropped Alise off at school and apparently, Allie hit her, because she came running back to me crying. When I hugged Alise, she hollered at Allie, "This not your Moma! This MY momma!" Oh my goodness! We've started the "That's not yours" thing.

We didn't make it to the birthday party today. It was raining and Wayne didn't get home in time. When he did get home, Alise and I were asleep in our bed. I hate that we didn't make it, but today was one of those days when you just want to stay home and do nothing. However, Alise did manage to find a mud puddle in our driveway while she and her daddy were outside together. When I went out to check on them, she was sitting down in the middle of it! Ugh! I asked Wayne why she didn't have on the new red ladybug boots he bought her and he said, "Because she'll splash water over them." I was like well then what is the point of having them? I wish I had thought about it and gotten her picture. Our camera needs charging...another thing on the to-do list!

Everyone have a good week! You probably wont hear from us again until we get back! I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment