Monday, July 30, 2007

August 1, 2007

It's hard to believe that a year ago today, Alise had her surgery to have tubes put in her ears. I will go ahead and say it (although I may regret it....): since the surgery, Alise has not had the first ear infection. We have been ear infection-free for one year. There. I said it. Now watch her come down next week with one! Although the ear plugs are such a nuisance, Alise has gotten use to having to put them in when we wash her hair and if she gets in a big pool. We call them her "Cinderella earrings."

I don't think Alise is getting the whole potty thing. Monday night she told me she needed to go to the bathroom. She was on the verge of sitting on the potty, when all of a sudden, she started crying, "No, Mommie! No! I need a diaper!" It didn't matter how much I begged and pleaded, she would not get on the potty. So, for fear of her doing her business on the floor, I put one on her. Yes, she used the bathroom in her diaper. However, she DID use the potty before we got in the bathtub.

I asked Alise tonight while we were watching "Angelina Ballerina" for the umpteenth time if she wanted to be a ballerina some day. She said, "Yes, Mommie!" It made me smile. I can't wait for her to start dance. Maybe next year. We're sticking to gymnastics again this year.

Now...for the best news of the day! This afternoon, after I picked Alise up from school, we went to Spoiled Rotten for me to pay on Alise's lay-a-way. To make a long story short, the store's owner put me on the store's email list; told me to look at the items and if there was anything special I wanted, to email her back and let her know. I noticed all the smocked LSU dresses she had in the store and said, "As a matter of fact, there IS something you can look for me. I need an Alabama dress like those smocked LSU dresses." She pulled out one of her catelogs and we found a smocked red gingham dress. The smocking was of a football and magaphone. She said she would try to find me one; that she had to go to market in Alabama in a few weeks and that those dresses are everywhere there! I was so excited!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, how much would the Spoiled Rotten lady charge for a smocked Alabama dress (if she can find one)? I've seen the football & megaphone dresses, but I've never seen an Alabama. We might be interested in purchasing one as well, if the price is right. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, potty training isn't going very well here either. Katie's doctor told me not to force the matter & she is still too young. Instead he advised that we go with it in strides until she feels she's ready. I bought the pull ups just in case her stride hits us at any time. tehe!

    ReplyDelete