Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Cinderella the goldfish has died. Alise doesn't know it yet. She hasn't noticed that she now only has one goldfish swimming around where once there was two. We really don't know what happened to Cinderella. She was fine and just swimming around like a regular fish yesterday morning when we left and last night, I noticed there was only one. Cinderella was under the filter of the tank floating upside down. We plan to get another goldfish just like Cinderella and Alise will never know the difference!

Alise and I did the "Friday Night Horton Ritual" tonight without Wayne. He had a camp meeting in Oak Grove. So after I got off work, she and I headed to the mall and she rode the train, we ate at Chick-fil-a and got sugar cookies and a Mermaid cup with a swiggly straw at the Cookie Co. She was the perfect angel! We shopped and she told me what things (clothes) she liked and didn't like. I bought her another pair of shoes at Payless tonight. They are the Disney Princess shoes that light up. They were on sale for $11.99 in a size 7! Can you believe that? I just can't seem to keep her in shoes lately and she and Emma are constantly getting their shoes mixed up at school! Alise wore Emma's shoes home again today! We had a really good time.

I've noticed the past two weeks that Alise has begun to act like she gets scared. She won't go in to a room anymore by herself and it doesn't matter if it's the middle of the day or middle of the night! She doesn't like to be left alone in a room by herself, either. Just now, I had to go in her room and talk to her because she had a "talking book" in her bed and she must have hit it in her sleep because she told me that the book scared her. Then she told me, "That dog bit me." How does she know what being scared is like? I thought that didn't happen until later on? Come to think of it, she insisted on having some of my diet coke tonight, so maybe the caffeine has got her all messed up. We never let her have real coke. She only has Sprite. Yes, our daughter lives a sheltered life. The only candy she ever has is M&M's and even then, it's only about a fourth of a bag. She found some of her left over birthday candy and I let her try some Smarties but she never finishes eating a whole roll. She caught me blowing bubbles with a piece of gum the other day and thought that was the neatest thing since sliced bread!

We don't have any major plans for the weekend. We'll stick close by to the home place. Nana and Papaw have gone to Conway to see Brooklyn for the weekend. Amie is babysitting for us tomorrow night. Alise is excited about that! She asked me tonight, "When Emie comin', Mommie?" She hasn't quite got Amie's name down yet. It's too cute!

1 comment:

  1. awww! can't wait to see her! maybe one day this summer she'll come swimming :)

    ReplyDelete