Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday, June 21, 2007

My little "Patriotic Princess"!! This picture was taken yesterday morning before school. She looked so cute!! So grown up!

Okay. I know. I've got to stop hanging out at "You Tube." As you can tell from below, it was "'80's Night." I've spent the last two and a half hours re-living all the '80's Bo & Hope moments from Days of Our Lives. I never saw their actual wedding and I finally got to see it tonight...over twenty years later! Who could have guessed? I also finally got to see the scenes that were filmed with them in Louisiana...at Oak Alley Plantation and New Orleans. So neat! Have I mentioned how much I love "You Tube"? It's just the best thing!

We haven't really done much this week, so that's why I haven't blogged. I had to fly to Baton Rouge today, so Nana got to take Alise to school and pick her up. She likes it when Nana carries her to school. Alise likes to show her where everything is.

We've started making plans for our vacation to Birmingham. We've booked hotels and Mirya and I have already bought the girls "animal" tank tops to wear to the zoo from Gymboree. I've started buying some snack foods...because they were on sale at Target, and I even tried on a few bathing suits and thought, "How gross!" so that didn't last very long! I told Wayne that I would be perfectly happy with getting a "mammaw" bathing suit, but he won't let me! He prefers a two piece but I told him that his psyiatic nerve problem has affected his brain and obviously he is not thinking clearly!! There is no way this wooden-spoon-packin'-momma is going to put on a two piece. I'll look at Penny's and Sear's next. Not that you all really care about my bathing suit woes, but I thought I would share them just the same.

We have a wedding to go to on Saturday night and Wayne has made the suggestion that we get a babysitter. However, I would like to take Alise to her first wedding. I think it would be fun. Other than that, we really don't have any plans for the weekend. Alise and I might get out early Saturday morning and make some returns at the mall, but other than that, we don't have any plans. Since Nana & Papaw took Alise to McDonald's tonight for supper, we probably won't do the "Horton Friday Night Ritual" tomorrow night. I've already got stuffed bell peppers thawing out for supper tomorrow night. So it looks like it's just going to be another scortcher here this weekend and we'll find ourselves hanging out around the pool area.

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment