Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday, June 24, 2007

We actually made it to church today. I know that's a horrible thing to say, but for the past two Sunday's we've only made it to Sunday School. It felt good being back in an actual church service, although I was by myself. Wayne and Phil Shaw were in the kitchen flippin' pancakes for the college group. Alise wore a red, white, and blue sleeveless dress that my mom got her on the sale rack at the end of last year. She looked so cute in it. Sorry, but I didn't get a picture. Maybe next week. After church, we went to lunch at O'Charley's (because kids eat free). There was an electrical fire at the restaurant about three months ago and although they are open for business, it still smelled really smokey in there. The area that caught fire is still covered with tarps. Oh well, I guess one of the reasons it smelled so smokey was because it was over-cast and humid today. We came home, took naps, and then Alise and I headed outside for a swim. We stayed outside and ate popsicles for about forty-five minutes until the clouds and thunder started rolling in. As of right now, we're watching "Cinderella III"...a nice change from the original version.

Alise's new phrase is, "Whatcha doin'?" It cracks me and Wayne up! Just now, she asked me, "Whatcha doin'?" If we've gotten past the whining stage, then the defying stage is only beginning. She has been an inch from the time-out corner several times this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment