Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday, June 10, 2007


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DOUG & MIRYA!!

Well, we woke up yesterday morning at 4:50 to Alise hollering out, "No! No pinching!" I drug myself out of bed and went in and checked on her and she was crying, "Mommie, Mommie! Somebody pinched me!!" I nearly died with laughter, but I was too tired and too sleepy to do it. I got her and put her in bed with us. Obviously, she had just had a bad dream. So, I tossed and turned and finally at 5:30, I patted Wayne on the back and told him I was going to Walmart. So, yes, I was at Walmart at 6:00 on a Saturday morning buying groceries. That's the only time I would be willing to do it.

But our HUGE fiasco happened yesterday afternoon and all I could do was cover my mouth with my hands and say, "Oh, no! Oh, no!" over and over again. I was in the kitchen making lasagna for Alise and the babysitter for tomorrow night while Wayne and I went to a retirement party for two of his co-workers at Outback. Alise is tall enough now, that she can open one of the kitchen drawers and although she can't see in the drawer, she can feel her way around and normally get her a spoon out of the drawer. I also keep "Sharpie" magic markers in this drawer to label her stuff. She had pulled out a blue Sharpie and was trying to take the top off. I told her to put it back in the drawer and could almost sworn that I watched her do it. So, here I am, layering the lasagna, not paying any attention to my sweet little two year old. I turn around from the stove and the next thing I saw nearly knocked the breath out of me. Honestly, a part of me wanted to laugh, but instead, all I did was cover my mouth with my hands. Alise looked up at me and she knew that she'd done something really bad. She had drawn, with a blue Sharpie all over my white kitchen cabinets. Did I leave out the part, too, that I wanted to die? I snatched up Alise and we walked across the yard to where Wayne was working at Bob's house. I told him, "You need to come over to the house right now." He was worried, "Why? What's wrong? What happened?" When we got back to the house, I said, "Look what your daughter did to our kitchen cabinets." So, needless to say, Alise got a spanking and time out from her Daddy. Trust me, it was a fiasco. Wayne wanted to spank her again, but I wouldn't let him. She ended up snubbing and she told me and her Daddy that she was sorry. We managed to use some Clorox cleanup on the cabinets and got most of it off the cabinets, but if you look closely, you can still see the places where the color was darker. I told someone at church this morning that I wish I had taken a picture of it!

We couldn't find Alise's swimming pool from last year, so shortly after we got home from church, Wayne and Alise left again to head to Fred's and get another one. He came back with a blow-up duck and floaties, too. Alise fell in love with the duck and she had a blast in her pool this afternoon. We stayed outside for nearly two hours. After that, she and I went to Target and did our usual Sunday afternoon thing. I bought her some Disney Princess chapstick. Of course, she thinks it's lipstick. Her face was as slick as I don't know what tonight when she went to bed tonight.

I've got a ton of pictures to post, but I just haven't had the heart to delete the Easter pictures to make room for new ones. That's one of the reason I posted so many on the blog tonight instead of our other web site. I'll try and get them posted later this week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Laura, but Doug and I had to laugh at the Sharpie story. I'm waiting for Katie to do something like this. When ya'll get here, Katie can teach Alise how to take shoes and toys, drag them along the white walls in the hallway. I have a terrible time getting her out of this habit. It drives Doug crazy when she does it. I didn't get to see Bob's house before Wayne got started on it. From the pics, ya'll have done a really good job fixing it up. Way to go! The Princess Slide seems tall, from the pic. Has Alise ever tripped going up it? Love the pics - Alise is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, thank you for Happy Anniversary.

    Take care and we'll see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete